Strange Finds in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Finds in the Woods?

Lets hear some of yalls strange finds while walking around in the woods.

I dont really have any besides random slabs or stuff that looks like graves.

Just random stuff from illegals. Wallets, backpacks, clothes, etc.

Comment

My dad rented a house in the early 80s that was on 325 acres in Willis. The owner used to let us explore when it wasn't deer season(he leased it to a group of guys). One day we found a crashed plane. We ran back to tell the owner, but he already knew, guess it had been there for quite a few years. Pretty wild when you're only 12.

Comment

Two years ago I found an 1876 Indian head penny at my BILs place near Graham. It was face down, so the head was still in good shape. From an old turn of century topo, it looks like a main wagon road cut through his place from oil city to bunger to Graham. I found it along this old wagon trail. I would like to know the historyof how it got there....

Comment

My best find to date has to be a old spur. I would like to know the history behind it, who wore it, that kind of thing
          Last edited by IbeHuntn; 11-20-2011, 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
            My dad rented a house in the early 80s that was on 325 acres in Willis. The owner used to let us explore when it wasn't deer season(he leased it to a group of guys). One day we found a crashed plane. We ran back to tell the owner, but he already knew, guess it had been there for quite a few years. Pretty wild when you're only 12.
            I live in Willis, if you dont mind me asking, where was this property?

Comment

Found a small cannonball a few years ago. We believe it to be civil war based on the history in our area.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Poison View Post
                I live in Willis, if you dont mind me asking, where was this property?
                It is on Farrell Road all the way at the end. It was Mr. Farrell place before he passed away, I heard it is a deer lease now, but not sure. Haven't been back there for years. Where you at in Willis, I live in the Royal Forest subdivision.

Comment

Model 94 Win 30-30 with a broken off stock. Not sure how long it had been there, or how it got there, but it was deep in the Sabine NF near an old logging road. Cleaned it up and it shot just fine!

Comment

I was archery elk hunting in Hotel Draw nortwest of Durango. I had stopped to catch my breath while climbing up a ridge. I looked down and there was a clip from a Remington 760 pump .270. It had been there a long time. I would bet losing it ruined sime guys hunt years before.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

Comment

I have also found a few Illegals(I mean misplaced citizens) and I feel like I need to go walk around the woods more

Comment

Me and a friend found what we thought was a huge vertabra. It was sent off and examined and was believed to be the tail of a terradactul (sp)

Sent from my HTC EVO.

Comment

An assortment of Arrow heads knapped out by hunters long before our time!

Comment

Flint arrowheads is all i've found, still searching with my metal detector for some old monies =)

Comment

I have found old homesteads and family grave plots when I was much younger and hunting in Eastern Oklahoma. They were miles away from anything else, so it is possible that nobody remembered they were there.

Comment

Working...
                              X