No announcement yet.

The Klu Klux Klan and my Family History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stumbled upon this looking for something else, and thought I'd bring it TTT because I hope Rob has some new stories, or maybe to prod him down to Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      ...........What I found out this evening.... thanks to the History Channel. I never understood why my Grandfather and his respective brother were denied access to America? ...............

Rob Zabroky (Zabrocki) sends
      Is the History Channel really a good history source?

Good read and God's speed in connecting with your family roots.

Comment

...the Aussie boomerang guy.
        Boomerang Billy! I remember that dude from the late '70's. He could throw one off the pier in near pitch darkness and catch it on the return. Great memories growing up in the Valley.

Todd

Comment

I missed this the first go around. Pretty impressive information on your past. I wish I had information like his but all of my grandparents passed away young.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I stumbled upon this looking for something else, and thought I'd bring it TTT because I hope Rob has some new stories, or maybe to prod him down to Rio.
            I likes me some Rob stories.

Comment

Nice to see a post from you Rob and a great one at that.

Comment

Interesting history Rob, thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Great stuff Rob. You are a rich man for knowing all of that history. There are several "blank" areas in my family history that have yet to be filled in!

It's so true about the correctness of the history we have been taught. This is something that has bothered/intrigued my oldest daughter (the one you met 10 years ago) for many years. She is now a freshman history major at Harvard.

I'm headed your way next week. I'll send a pm soon and maybe we can have lunch!

Comment

One of the most interesting non-hunting threads I ever remember reading. Thanks to Rob and everyone else for sharing!

Comment

I don't understand why the Mafia would be against prohibition? It helped them tremendously.

Comment

Interesting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome read! Cool to see all the ties to the Valley. As I get older I find myself wondering about my roots. My mom, may she rest in peace, was the keeper of our family tree but only going back to my great grandparents. She knew all the ins and outs of our family both sides since her parents and my fathers parents were great friends. The families worked the fields side by side in our portion of Cameron county. There were several times coming home and talking to her about someone from school and she would end up telling me they were my cousins. She would go through the whole linage. Wish I would have payed better attention. She knew my dad's side of the family better than he did. I sure miss my little home town back in the day. When I visit now I don't see all the familiar names and faces I grew up around.

Comment

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
                              Where and how do you even figure out all this stuff?? I would love to find out the facts and info on my family coming over from Germany.... There is no info on it though with our family. The story was never told to next generations about what happened.
                              Same here. All I know was my GGrandfather came over from Germany and founded a farm in Iowa. My Grandfather was born in the farm house and lived there til he was 88 and passed. Wish I new the other details.

Comment

Very cool that you're able to gather so much family history and out certainly does help us to appreciate where we are today! My great grand father came over from Poland as well in 1918 to escape persecution in Poland. They landed at Ellis Island and established a hard working life in a leather tannery I grew up playing at during summer visits. He had no problems gaining citizenship and I don't question one bit of the history you heard either. I might double check and verify anything the history channel puts out as I would any source as well. The history of our United States is a unique one!
                                Milinski (Mom's last name was Cashdollar from Germany because they couldn't understand her grandfather when asked of his last name.... Not prophetic either, unfortunately!)
                                Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 02-07-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X