Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you didn't shoot a Hoyt Carbon Element , what would you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you didn't shoot a Hoyt Carbon Element , what would you shoot?

Thinking of getting a new rig looking for ideas.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Martin x 200

Comment

I liked my G5 until I had problems and nobody could get parts. Just takes one really bad customer service to ruin an otherwise great shooting bow.
      I went to Mathews.
      I realize today most guys don't buy a bow and intend on making it the "go-to" until it comes apart. There is always a newer shiny toy. LOL
      I am a bit the other way, and decided to buy one that I can get good service on no matter how many years I shoot it.

Comment

My favorite bows I’ve had are across the board of manufactures.

Prime rival, bowtech reign 6, pse evolve 35, prime centergy hybrid, Hoyt carbon element rkt...

I’ve had way more but these are my favorites. The only manufacturer I haven’t liked is Mathews but that’s because of their grips. They all make good bows so go shoot a bunch.

Comment

I have a Bowtech Reign 7 and ordered a Mathews Traverse. Your best bet is to go try a couple brands out and see which one fits you best. Last year I went to the bow shop and shot 4 different brands, I wont comment on one brand or another but grip, let off and comfort led me to the Bowtech Reign 7 and Mathews Halon.

I do not have a back up bow and went to the shop to get a new string put on my Reign 7, and my dumbazz started trying out bows. I ordered a Mathews Traverse, set up with the same sights and quiver as the Reign 7. The grip on the Traverse is the deal maker, they really made a huge improvement there.

I do not like short bows with low brace heights, I cannot shoot them as well as a longer bow with a 6.5 or 7 inch brace height. This is my opinion, I dont care what brand it is, just go shoot a few and you will know.

Comment

I love my Mathews Halon. I will NOT go shoot the new Vertix cuz from what I read I would have to buy it!

Comment

A Matthews

Comment

Elite

Comment

I got a Mathews, a Martin and a Parker and they all kill the same.

Comment

Go shoot them, but I’d probably get a triax. The brand new elite for sale on here is really tempting though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PSE Xpedite with Evolve cams!

Comment

Elite synergy. The one in the classifieds is tempting me.

Comment

Pretty much anything that doesn’t look like a bad plumbing job.

Comment

I still shoot the hoyt carbon as well. My biggest problem when looking at knew bows is the weight. They all fill heavy. In reality they are not that heavy my bow is just that light. But my bow completely rigged its lighter than some of the knew bows with nothing on them. I have developed a bit of a kink sound when drawing my bow. But she still shoots really well. Prob 5 years old

With that being said if I were to go look I would look at hoyt, obsession, mathews. Prob in that order. Obsesession is a sweet bow with some serious speed and beauty
                            Last edited by Krivoman; 01-17-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

That’s a loaded question, not a bad bow by any means but the market is saturated with quality bows

Comment

Working...
                              X