No announcement yet.

Concho County/Paint Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be heading out also this afternoon. Not going to be exactly "hunting temps" but you never know. Going to set a couple stands that have not been hunted this year yet. My Cuddelink system has shown ok daytime movement all week, we will see though. Good luck to everyone out in the field this weekend!!

Comment

Well this was by far the worst weekend we have had so far on this place in our two years of hunting it. I am not sure what is going on. it was not just my stand either, everyone wasn't seeing much. The morning hunts were terrible as far as activity.
      The afternoons were a lot better, but not great. With that said I still had a great time hanging out with my youngest son. Hopefully things will pick back up soon and I can get him on one.

Comment

Very slow weekend for numbers of deer. I did see deer every time out though. on Sunday am I saw 6 different bucks. Couple nice up and comers. One good shooter for us and our place. I will post up some pictures when I get them out of video camera.

Comment

I agree with the mornings being garbage. But the afternoons were great for the last hour of shooting light.
          I ended up shooting a 3.5 cull buck.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
            I agree with the mornings being garbage. But the afternoons were great for the last hour of shooting light.
            congrats, funcky looking one

Comment

Our place is just south of Paint Rock off 83. The big Yellow Paint Rock sign is actually on our place, and it has been dead action this year. Lots of good deer on camera in August/September, but it has slowed way way down. This has been the worst year we've had in the 17 years we've been on the place.

Comment

Cull

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                I love targeting those deer that have that crazy look to them. Congratulations.

Anyone going to brave the wet and cold and head west this weekend? We will be leaving this afternoon as usual.

Comment

Management 8

This may be a good management deer. Big ole 8 point. What do yall think?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great but can’t comment on age from that angle alone.

Comment

Not gonna be able to go this time, good luck to the rest of you

Comment

Well, looking for an update on how the deer movement was this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          Well, looking for an update on how the deer movement was this weekend
                          My Dad and brother went out Thursday-Sunday. A lot of action in between the rain! My brother ended up shooting a nice 9

Comment

Anyone make it out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                              Anyone make it out this weekend
                              That Friday was good all day for deer movement..Probably the best day I've seen all year.Been back down here since the 21st..Starting to see some different bucks.I don't know if it's because our wheat is shorter than everybody else',or if the rut is running longer.Saw two bucks fighting this morning,and pretty sure one of them lost his left side during the scuffle..Gonna go check,and see if I can find it in a bit.
                              Been a strange year for me.Deer literally don't have to go more than 50 feet for food,and water.
                              Good luck fella's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We haven't been since last weekend. Saw a lot more deer then. Wife took a doe with her bow. Seeing a lot of deer at the feeders everyday on my cuddelink system. 2-3 bucks at feeders together again. Normally this time of year they are all on neighbors place on the wheat. Hope to go sometime this week and fore sure this weekend. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X