Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stabilizers

long read but worth it
    Stabilizers, balance,  and bows - oh my! By George Ryals IV © 2010 Stabilizers, over the last decade or so, have become all about vibration damping. Sales of stabilizers and the perceived quality of a stabilizer are measured by how dead it makes the bow feel. Vibration da

It's a good read, I checked it out a while back when I was researching adding a back bar. Griv is a pretty sharp dude.

Comment

really surprised how heavy the rear bar weights should be

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
        really surprised how heavy the rear bar weights should be
        One follows the other and everyone is different.

The article you posted is a good guide and a great starting point for understanding what stabilizers actually do; but it's just a starting point like any other thing in archery.

The sight picture should be used to set the amount of weight and that will be dependent on the shooter and their form and frame alignment. Again, everyone is different but most fall within a 'slot' when it comes to stabilizers and weights; then you have guys like Reo Wilde that has 36 oz on his bars, way outside the slot.

My point is, GRIV's article is very informative and a great article, but his formula is a good starting point; one must use the sight picture to fine tune the weights.

Comment

thanks for posting. makes me rethink what im doing

Comment

Working...
          X