Simple winch up feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple winch up feeder

Hello, I’m new to this forum. My name is Ben Sanford I have been bowhunting the piney woods for 30 + years. I wanted to share easy inexpensive winch up feeder. I’ve been using in east Texas works great. May not work so well for west and south Texas.. need trees lol ( hope the pics uploaded)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by E-Tex; 11-19-2019, 11:25 AM.

Thanks for sharing. I like it!

Comment

I love the feeder. Do you place you stand above it? I'd think you would place your stand in a different tree...

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
        I love the feeder. Do you place you stand above it? I'd think you would place your stand in a different tree...
        I think he probably has to use his climber to get up there and secure the boards to the tree.

Comment

Dang that sucker's way up there!

Comment

Originally posted by E-Tex View Post
            Hello, I’m new to this forum. My name is Ben Sanford I have been bowhunting the piney woods for 30 + years. I wanted to share easy inexpensive winch up feeder. I’ve been using in east Texas works great. May not work so well for west and south Texas.. need trees lol ( hope the pics uploaded)
            Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
            No, I just used a climber to pace the brackets. My stands are in different trees. I actually bow hunt trails way off the feeder site. The bucks in my area are feeder shy.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Tex View Post
              No, I just used a climber to pace the brackets. My stands are in different trees. I actually bow hunt trails way off the feeder site. The bucks in my area are feeder shy.
              Good work sir. I might have to try that set up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s cool! Way better than climbing a ladder with a bag of corn on your shoulder.

Comment

Nice build, this is what I did.

I can tell you a straight tree works a whole lot better than a crooked one for this application but it is what it is. I didn't have much of a choice.

I used a Ghost feeder and have been really happy with it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me!

Comment

I like that a lot! I think the deer would be more comfortable feeding there than around a normal feeder that to them it totally unnatural.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        Nice build, this is what I did.

I can tell you a straight tree works a whole lot better than a crooked one for this application but it is what it is. I didn't have much of a choice.

I used a Ghost feeder and have been really happy with it.
                        Hey, it looks great. I’m all about making things work with what you have on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                          I like that a lot! I think the deer would be more comfortable feeding there than around a normal feeder that to them it totally unnatural.
                          That exactly my thought process, getting the feeder high enough to seem more natural to the deer.

Comment

East Texas we build em higher and higher. West and south, lower and lower. Lol

I like the idea and think it would work great. My deer, (buck, does, fawns. Young or old) don’t frequent traditional feeders. And stand and fill are nice but block shot opportunities.

How much cable you got on that rig to get it to the ground? That will cost as much or more than the rest I’d imagine

Comment

How did you attach it to the tree?

Comment

Working...
                              X