JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
    I’ve killed quite a few turkey with my bow exactly how I would running and gunning with a shotgun. Popup blind on my shoulder, vest with decoys, bow in hand, mouth call....a lot of work but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
      I’ve killed quite a few turkey with my bow exactly how I would running and gunning with a shotgun. Popup blind on my shoulder, vest with decoys, bow in hand, mouth call....a lot of work but fun.

There’s no room to carry a cooler?? Ya lost me. Sounds like fun though. A golf cart would make toting all that much easier but then it wouldn’t be run and gunning anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        There’s no room to carry a cooler?? Ya lost me. Sounds like fun though. A golf cart would make toting all that much easier but then it wouldn’t be run and gunning anymore

Hey hey

Nothin wrong with a cart!

Comment

I was a die hard back then and too cheap to buy a golf cart. Now I figure out the turkeys patterns and set up accordingly as Smart mentioned.

Comment

You boys make it hard to work during the week!

And I will add to what Smart posted about bowhunting them in the Spring. As a shotgunner, I never understood what the draw to chasing them with a bow was about until I tried it. It’s so addicting. I even passed up on an easy shotgun kill to complete a double this weekend in hopes that the bird would turn back and give me a shot with my bow.

Comment

Few shots from this mornin

Comment

Great photos JFT!!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  My buddy killed one on our place south of Utopia on Saturday AM. We don’t have the best turkey hunting but they are in the area. They roost on our neighbors and a groups showed up at 10:15. Double beard and 1 good spur and 1 broke. Good bird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Congrats to your buddy!

Comment

Out of curiosity, anyone on here killed many public land turkeys?

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Congrats to all the successful hunters today and this past weekend! I only managed one hunt this weekend in Willow City and was the caller, no dice that day. Two of my buddies went again Sunday morning and got it done though. The tom they finally killed walked the fence line for over an hour before going under it and committing to the decoys. Looking at this pic, they probably should have had the decoys turned to face them more?

Screenshot from video
                      Last edited by Patton; 03-18-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Never

But that’ll change this year....I hope

Comment

I’ve killed a couple on public land. It sure isn’t easy,I’ll say that. Atleast where I hunted anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

Turkeys don’t stand a chance when she is behind the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Entirely different ballgame. My first time hunting public was a huge slice of humble pie. It brings a new level of satisfaction though when you’re able to put it all together and kill a turkey that’s been through the ringer or had to hike a couple miles to get to. To answer your question, I’ve killed four toms and one jake on public. Not limited draw WMA’s, but straight up open public land. I’m seriously considering Missouri or Arkansas for an eastern. We’ll see how the season shapes up. I’ve got a lot in my personal life to focus on and filling my tags in Texas always comes before any out of state ventures.
                              Last edited by Beards&Spurs; 03-18-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                                Turkeys don’t stand a chance when she is behind the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                lol thanks Mark! Truth be told they don’t stand a chance when I’m throwing down those sweet turkey love calls!!!😳

Comment

Working...
                                X