DFW group discount on big blob targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW group discount on big blob targets

So I'm interested in getting a big blob but they aren't cheap, and I am pretty sure no local shop has them for sale...
    According to the website, they will sell them (relatively, of course) very cheap when a pallet is ordered as "the cost of freight begins to level off."
    Even cheaper if we have a trucker on here that passes through NW Georgia on the way back.
    I was thinking, if we could get a group of folks to join together and make a bulk order we could all save some money.
    Unless some local shop wants to get in on the action and make a few bucks for facilitating.... lol

I'll be building a set of heavy ADULT arrows a la Ranch Fairy soon, and will be practicing with my broadheads a LOT as elk season nears. My poor Block Classic is on it's last leg as it is with just field points and skeet arrows....

Anyone else interested?

Good idea. I may be in if this comes about. A while back I found a pawn shop just across the border in Louisiana that was a dealer for the blob. Just checked on line and could not locate the place.

Comment

I might be interested.

Comment

I was just looking at those the other day. I would be interested in getting one, not sure that I would want one of the huge ones as I'd like to be able to move it around. But the 20x20 I believe is under 100#. I believe it's a little over 100$ but if it will help with the load throw it on the truck and I'll pitch in my part and pick it up when it comes in. Keep me posted.

Comment

How much savings we talking? How many people we need to make a pallet?

Comment

Unless something has changed, they are the best target made IF you don’t plan on moving it around.

Comment

I’d be interested at the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get some pricing post it based on pallet or trailer

Will pass on to the archery range I shoot at as they can always use new broadhead targets

Comment

First I've heard of them. It's designed to shoot with broadheads I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    First I've heard of them. It's designed to shoot with broadheads I take it?

Art

Darn hard to shoot them out. Made from glue backing used in carpeting

TD

Comment

We could widen the net and deliver to Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                        How much savings we talking? How many people we need to make a pallet?

Website says prices start to get in the $170 range for 3-4 pallets (12-16 targets)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a great purchase for a target if you can get them to you. I bought my Blob in early 2012 and got lucky with a $140 and free shipping deal they did around Christmas that year. Had a 24x24x10 or 12" delivered to my door. I shoot mostly field point and practice broadheads through it and here we are 8 years later and I'm still on the top half of the target. I painted the circles on it you see using a soup can and have since gone back and put more circles in between the top three layers of where there was space....so basically 5 circles per row. I am just now getting into the middle row/line of circles and I shoot a lot. The bottom two rows are untouched. The top two rows are pretty shot out but it will still stop a broadhead in some of the circles. Love the target but like was said above it is heavy....like 90-100lbs heavy. I shoot inside my garage/shop at 19 yards so I built a 2x4 frame for it to sit on with caster wheels and its easy to move now.

The only real con to it other than being heavy is that it can be abrasive to your FP/PH and arrows. It will flat turn your field points silver and shine up your first 3-4"" of carbon. I always flex test my arrows and have never had an issue but over 1-2 years time they will lose a few grains on their total weight up front so keep that in mind. After a few years my practice arrows are recycled anyway...whether it be into pigs, coons or the trash. Just a heads up in case somebody was curious.

I would suggest for longevity reason that you shoot at dots around the target and not just center punch all day long. I have seen a few folks discard their blobs because the "center was shot out" when they could have made them last 9 years.....plus I think I have another 9 years left.. That's a lot of money saved on Rhinearts, Blocks or bags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Block 24x24 (Medium).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24605151

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

The only real con to it other than being heavy is that it can be abrasive to your FP/PH and arrows. It will flat turn your field points silver and shine up your first 3-4"" of carbon. I always flex test my arrows and have never had an issue but over 1-2 years time they will lose a few grains on their total weight up front so keep that in mind. After a few years my practice arrows are recycled anyway...whether it be into pigs, coons or the trash. Just a heads up in case somebody was curious.

[ATTACH]988542[/ATTACH]
                            This has been my experience as well. I bought a "factory second" from them a couple years back and it has been a decent target. For the first few weeks I shot a ton of field points at it and actually had one of my Bemans crack a few inches below the insert. I generally only shoot broadheads at it now and anticipate it will last the rest of my bowhunting days for that. It's also pretty dang hard to pull arrows out of it compared to a block or bag target, but it's nice not having foam come out and trashing a target when shooting broadheads.

If you plan on shooting the vast majority of your practice with field points I would not recommend a blob. If you shoot a lot of broadheads you can't beat the durability/longevity it offers. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                              This has been my experience as well. I bought a "factory second" from them a couple years back and it has been a decent target. For the first few weeks I shot a ton of field points at it and actually had one of my Bemans crack a few inches below the insert. I generally only shoot broadheads at it now and anticipate it will last the rest of my bowhunting days for that. It's also pretty dang hard to pull arrows out of it compared to a block or bag target, but it's nice not having foam come out and trashing a target when shooting broadheads.

If you plan on shooting the vast majority of your practice with field points I would not recommend a blob. If you shoot a lot of broadheads you can't beat the durability/longevity it offers. Good luck!

I forgot about that con .. I use an Allen arrow puller and that helps a bunch until you get an area broken in. And broken in lasts a LONG time. Not like Block broken in. Broadheads were never an issue

Last edited by Smart; 01-19-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X