Funeral Home hiring ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I tried that for awhile. Dead end job with grave consequences if you stick around too long. I was always buried in paperwork. Had to have a couple stiff drinks every night when I got home. But this is a great way to get your foot in the door.....a lot of people would die for this opportunity. Don't let it pass!

I just wanted to repost Chew one more time.

Comment

Sorry for hijacking your thread Kurt. At least the thread is still alive and well.

Comment

REVIVED!!!! Won't go down that easy.

Comment

I tried that for awhile. Dead end job with grave consequences if you stick around too long. I was always buried in paperwork. Had to have a couple stiff drinks every night when I got home. But this is a great way to get your foot in the door.....a lot of people would die for this opportunity. Don't let it pass!
          Now this is funny I don't care who you are!!!

I will have to pass this along to my cousin who owns a funeral home. He is third generation to own it!

Comment

Comment

Surprised they’re hiring. I heard business was dead

Comment

All kidding aside, this is a great opportunity for someone. Not everyone can handle it but I have never found anything more rewarding in my life than helping families through such a difficult situation.

Definitely a good opportunity for some of our early retirees or those looking to pick up some extra hours. Work visitations, funeral services, run flowers etc.

I miss the industry and regret leaving it daily
                Last edited by Kmart49; 04-15-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Would make a great opportunity for somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    Surprised they’re hiring. I heard business was dead
                    Not true....it’s a great gig from what I hear. The customers are very quite. Hardly say a word and absolutely never talk back or argue with you.

Comment

I've known more people that wanted to do that than have actually done it. They probably thought about it too much. It's one thing to say you can do it. Doing it is another ballgame. I wouldn't do it. I don't even like them rooms with all the caskets without dead people in them.

Lock me in one of those rooms I guarantee you I'd be breaking stuff to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        I've known more people that wanted to do that than have actually done it. They probably thought about it too much. It's one thing to say you can do it. Doing it is another ballgame. I wouldn't do it. I don't even like them rooms with all the caskets without dead people in them.

Lock me in one of those rooms I guarantee you I'd be breaking stuff to get out.
                        I don't think you have to worry about anyone trying to stop you.

Comment

Booby...well, let me just say this again. You ain't right!!!

Comment

I did this for a part time job when I was in school in New York... It does take a special attitude and mind set to be able to do it... Let me just say, I got as big an "education" working at the funeral home as I did in school... Education on real life situations or should I say dying situations! Once went on a "removal" for a guy who was found dead in his 4th floor apartment in August with no air conditioning... been dead for 3 weeks... That was a fun one...

Did more than one funeral with an empty casket because the body wasn't "ready" yet...

Dug a guy up once in a cemetery that had been buried for 7 years... Was a retired Air Force guy.. Wife had a falling out with the local church and was moving from Long Island to El Paso, Texas. She had her husband dug up and we shipped him "Delta-Dash" from La Guardia to El Paso Texas!

Hardest for me were the ones involving children... Worst was a 7 year old little girl... That little casket to this day puts a big old lump in my throat... don't think I could do that sort of thing today some 40 years later...

Comment

3 minutes after the first post. Impressive

Comment

This gets my vote for one of the top ten funniest thing ever written on TBH,

Comment

Working...
                                X