Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the going rate for truck allowance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the going rate for truck allowance?

Per month for a sales job? I generally have no idea and don’t want to shoot too low. Any and all help much appreciated

I feel like anyone I know who has said something is around the $800 mark...but that's only 2 people I can think of. I personally don't have an allowance. Good luck in your research.

Comment

I’m in construction business and most companies offer around 800 but if you take a company vehicle they tell you it’s worth about 1000 to 1200.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
        I’m in construction business and most companies offer around 800 but if you take a company vehicle they tell you it’s worth about 1000 to 1200.
        That's because the truck allowance if for the time that your personal truck is being used for work, not family time or personal errands. Company vehicle on the other hand gets used for all those things.

Comment

Don't settle for less than 1000 plus fuel.

Comment

When I was consulting it was $1.25 a mile and I furnished everything. That was 4/5 years ago.

Comment

Depends on how much you drive, and how you use it. I drive too much to consider anything less than $1500. If I only drove 25-35k a year for work I’d think $800-1000 is fair.

Comment

We get $600 plus a gas card that we use no matter what we do. If we drive all the way across the U.S. on vacation we are not deducted for it. We don’t have to buy a truck but every 5yrs and put about 20k miles on it a year.

Comment

Last ranch I worked for was $500/month plus $.60mile

I would get $1700-$2000/month

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    That's because the truck allowance if for the time that your personal truck is being used for work, not family time or personal errands. Company vehicle on the other hand gets used for all those things.
                    Company vehicles are way faster, can take curbs better, do donuts better, and burn through tires way quicker than a personal vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      Company vehicles are way faster, can take curbs better, do donuts better, and burn through tires way quicker than a personal vehicle.
                      Only thing better than 4x4 is company vehicle;-) I would not have wanted one of my dads company cars after he used it chasing rigs in the 80s ;-)

Comment

My Guys get $800-$1050 depending on the rated Highway Mileage of the Vehicle. And we pay for their fuel separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          The lady at the rent a car desk: Do you want the extra insurance on the car?
                          Me: Yes mam this thing will get as much air time as an Evil Knievel motorcycle....
                          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 04-15-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

My guys get 600 BUT also get a gas card they can use anytime or anywhere.

Comment

We get company vehicles. I'm good with that. They pay every little thing associated with the vehicle.

I wouldn't want an allowance unless it was $1k/month plus gas
                              Last edited by TxAg; 04-15-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X