Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitcher son's new chapter as a Javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitcher son's new chapter as a Javelina!

Son's new team Texas A&M- Kingsville's Javelinas opens their season in Houston tomorrow at Minute Maid Park! The nation's fifth-ranked D2 team opens the weekend series against St. Cloud at 1:30 pm. TAMUK was the only Texas team to make last year's D2 World Series, and has a nice group of returning players, although they lost a lot of pitching. Coach Gonzales' pitching corps has been bolstered by some JUCO transfers in addition to my son Eric, who was at the University of Nebraska - Kearney last year. The school announced that they were eliminating the sport a week into the season last year, and Eric went on to become the closer and get nine saves, which ended as tied for 19th in all of D2.

As a senior now, Eric hopes to continue at the next level following this season. Hoping to get the attention of scouts as a submarine reliever who gets a lot of off-center contact but still averages better than a strikeout an inning. Can hit 85 from the low arm angle. Here's a brief clip of part of his warm-up at UNK last year.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi8eft1l8uk"]Eric warmup - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by tradtiger; 01-31-2019, 10:28 PM.

Didn't get up to Nebraska much to get a lot of video for a highlight reel. But here's a clip from his time at Navarro.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-GRYBG9csc"]Eric Sandoz Baseball Navarro College - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hope he has a great year! If they come up to Cameron and play our boys. I'll be sure and go meet him.

Comment

Good for him for keeping at it. Hope he has a great year and you get to attend a lot more of his games.

Comment

That's awesome man, good luck to him

Comment

Very cool! I sure miss playing baseball. But I got a lot more hunting and fishing in when high school ball ended!

Comment

I have been following your son and said when you first posted a clip of him on TBH that he will do well as a reliever. I know he will make the minors. Maybe we will see him up here in Round Rock with the Express some day soon.

Comment

Good luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Son's new team Texas A&M- Kingsville's Javelinas opens their season in Houston tomorrow at Minute Maid Park! The nation's fifth-ranked D2 team opens the weekend series against St. Cloud at 1:30 pm. TAMUK was the only Texas team to make last year's D2 World Series, and has a nice group of returning players, although they lost a lot of pitching. Coach Gonzales' pitching corps has been bolstered by some JUCO transfers in addition to my son Eric, who was at the University of Nebraska - Kearney last year. The school announced that they were eliminating the sport a week into the season last year, and Eric went on to become the closer and get nine saves, which ended as tied for 19th in all of D2.

As a senior now, Eric hopes to continue at the next level following this season. Hoping to get the attention of scouts as a submarine reliever who gets a lot of off-center contact but still averages better than a strikeout an inning. Can hit 85 from the low arm angle. Here's a brief clip of part of his warm-up at UNK last year.

Eric warmup - YouTube
                  Congratulations to your son. I know Coach Gonzales (Jason) very well. He is a great guy & coach. He was a very good high school athlete. He is from Cuero Texas.

Comment

Congrats! Best of luck to him this season.

Comment

Good luck to your son. He may have a shot as a undrafted FA. My buddy signed a few and played with a few. They all fizzled out.

He thought Dorris with the Astros had the best shot. But he didn't make it.

Comment

Good luck to your son and congrats!

Comment

My cousin was the pitching coach for coach Gonzales a few years back. Luke Prihoda After a stint in the minors, he went back to get his masters and coach. Life changing experience for him. Literally.

Good luck to your boy.

Comment

Awesome! I bet you're glad to have him a little closer to home!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                              My cousin was the pitching coach for coach Gonzales a few years back. Luke Prihoda After a stint in the minors, he went back to get his masters and coach. Life changing experience for him. Literally.

Good luck to your boy.
                              Man I remember playing against Prihoda and Kasparek. I went to school at Tidehaven and they were in our district. Those boys could sling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X