First Point Whitetail Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point Whitetail Hunts

Has anyone hunted First Point for whitetail? The website shows some pretty impressive bucks. Are the chances good that I will see a shooter? I hear that the bucks there are really jumpy around the pop up tent blinds. Is sittin in the brush or up in a tripod the way to hunt at First Point?

First Point

I have a four day hunt, for two people, scheduled with Mike Palmer at First Point Bowhunting in Sabinal, Texas. The dates are Nov 12th thru the 16th, that's four days at $140.00 per day, $560.00 per man. Half has allready been paid and the other is not due until you arrive in November. You pay me the $560.00 for the deposit, we change the contract over in your name and the rest is yours to deal with. This is a fantastic place to hunt and the only reason I am looking for two people to take the hunt is because I just got on a year round lease and can't afford both. My buddy and I saw several shooter bucks and had opportunities to take very nice 150-160 class bucks, but the stars didn't line up. Please call me "ONLY" if you are interested, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL - I do not check this all the time.

My name is DeWayne and you can reach me at (713) 240-6833.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
      Has anyone hunted First Point for whitetail? The website shows some pretty impressive bucks. Are the chances good that I will see a shooter? I hear that the bucks there are really jumpy around the pop up tent blinds. Is sittin in the brush or up in a tripod the way to hunt at First Point?
      Be prepared to hunt hard. Very smart bucks. Mike, Nancy and Bow are very nice and helpful. Very clean living quarters and good cleaning facilities. I've seen shooters both times I've been there. Haven't got one yet (my fault) but I'll get one this year for sure. Yes very jumpy around pop ups haven't tried my tripod there yet (too tall) but hasn't seemed to work for the guys I hunted with. Brushing yourself in with natural surrounding seemed to work the best for me.

Good luck
      Last edited by OUTDOORSMANEVERETT; 04-10-2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X