Maurice Chambers Bowhunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maurice Chambers Bowhunts

Well I just spent a week at this place and I would return in a drop of the hat.... I saw PLENTY of GOOD animals Five of us harvested 10 animals, I harvested my first Sika buck and a great boar.....The guides will work there butts off to get you on good animals I would like to thank Maurice,Shawn,and Boots.... and I cannot leave out those AWESOME tracking dogs!!!!

Dale

the dogs name is legs not boots unless boots is legs offspring but you are right the dogs are top notch

Comment

"Boots" is the short little guides name, LOL!!

Cannot remember the dogs names but they were cool to watch....one is a black mouth cur and pitt mix, the other is just a black mouth cur...

The hunt took place on their Crystal Creek Ranch, Sean from the Encinal ranch came over to the Ranch to help guide and be a Movie star, He was also a competitor earlier in the filming....

Comment

Tuff what pasture did you hunt, was there any hard horn axis deer yet. I am leaving on the 28 to spend six day on crystal creek. Fill me in.

Comment

We hunted the pasture across the road from the camp. I had 6 Axis bucks in front of me that were in velvet and around 24 inchs already. One of our team members had one found that was hard horned and over 30 inches that was bedded in a oak mott, and never got a shot. We saw a several HUGE Sika buck in our pasture but they are VERY CLOSE to shedding right now....Plenty of rams , one very nice Black one, and plenty of exotic doe running around, and plenty of hogs...heck we even saw a very nice blackbuck that was really black and tall horned around four curls...

Comment

Did you guys hunt out of Ground blinds off the feed rout?

Comment

Yes, because of the Competition, 60 hunters over the period of 6 weeks, the animals were pretty smart, so we really changed things up, we got away from the feed routes and hunted from brush blinds that were at least 20 yards off of the road... We would have our guide just corn around 10o yards in front of our set-ups and it worked great... but the most important part is you will have to be good at playing the wind....

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

How is the blackbuck population? And Aqudad? When are you heading down there Idaho? Tyler

Comment

I hunted there back in mid-February and the Aoudad population was pretty strong. Blackbuck were there but real skittish. I never saw one while hunting but did see several nice bucks while driving around. My buddy had a +18" buck at about 20 yards but never could get a clear shot with the right angle through the brush...he wouldn't come out onto the sendero. We both ended up with Aoudads and couldn't have been happier. There is a couple of HUGE Aoudad rams out there and alot of what I call shooter rams...depends on how picky you are...bout this size.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01267.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	24722484

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01273.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	24722485
                    Last edited by duck'n; 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I am going on the 28.

Comment

Working...
                      X