Chasing Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing Monsters

Anyone watched the show on Netflix, "Chasing Monsters". Its not a new show but I watched the Goliath grouper episode today and its something I've always wanted to go to Florida to do. Last time we fished down there we didn't have the time to go and hand line a Goliath grouper after three days of fishing offshore, tarpon and snook fishing. Post some pictures of Goaliath groupers if any of you have caught any... Really wish we had gone and done it now. Anyways, pretty cool show from what I saw today.. kind of like "River monsters"
    Last edited by taylormade820; 08-12-2019, 04:48 PM.

I never realized goliath groupers were located that far inshore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We caught 1in 25' of water about 20 miles out of Yankeetown Fla. I think the population has rebounded (undersatatement). We also broke off/hook straighten several times, Goliaths run together.

Comment

You can find Jewfish around docks, mangroves, channel markers, bridges etc. You don’t have to go offshore to catch one. Have caught small ones 15 - 60# in potholes on the flats out of Flamingo that are in a foot of water and only 3’ deep. We have caught 250# fish in 6’ of water.

Although, they love steel ship wrecks, coral heads, rock piles and ledges offshore too.

Comment

Old thread, but anyone watch the alligator gar episode and watch that guide have a terrible day on the water on the trinity? Ended up catching a nice gar for the cameras. To start the day the boat wouldn’t start, and at then end he blew his motor up trying to get up a big ramp. What a day to be a boat owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
            Old thread, but anyone watch the alligator gar episode and watch that guide have a terrible day on the water on the trinity? Ended up catching a nice gar for the cameras. To start the day the boat wouldn’t start, and at then end he blew his motor up trying to get up a big ramp. What a day to be a boat owner.
            That's was our very own Garguy

Comment

Been watching Battlefish lately on there, it’s pretty good!

Comment

Not Florida but in Texas.

102lbs. Felt like a thousand pounds when fighting him...

Comment

Originally posted by patwilson View Post
                  Not Florida but in Texas.

102lbs. Felt like a thousand pounds when fighting him...
                  That's a pretty good fish there. Looks like it was probably a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                    Yeah that was me. Its tv though and tho vs are never as they appear. I think he caught 12 big gar. In The show it looked like it took a week and a trek into the wilderness alone.... Maybe it didn't happen exactly like that.

Comment

I grew up in Ingleside, some of our neighbors who grew up in the 1950s and 1960s, told me, they used to catch jewfis or giant grouper, in the channel in Port A. They said they would tie a flat to a innertube, and a long cable, with a large hook, with a large piece of cut bait on the hook. Then take it out and toss it in the ship channel in the afternoon, then come back in the morning looking for the innertube. I was told they caught some big fish that way.

Comment

Plenty of old photo's of them being caught on the Galveston jetties. There is rumored to be some BIG monsters at a certain location in Freeport that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Plenty of old photo's of them being caught on the Galveston jetties. There is rumored to be some BIG monsters at a certain location in Freeport that I know of.
                          I know where they are. Some at anahuac too.

Comment

Working...
                          X