Best place for axis near San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for axis near San Antonio

Im looking for a place near san antonio with a good chance for an axis doe. I just want to shoot some meat and dont want to spend a fortune. Any recomendations?

Keith Johns is about 40 minutes from Sa down 37. 500 gets you any that you want plus hogs. Very comfy camp house blinds with feeders and great guy!! Bow only...

Comment

Keith Johns is your best bet!

Comment

Are the prices per day?

Comment

Nope per weekend.

Comment

Ill have to check in to that. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
              Keith Johns is about 40 minutes from Sa down 37. 500 gets you any that you want plus hogs. Very comfy camp house blinds with feeders and great guy!! Bow only...
              X10
              This is the hunt package i do at his place. Done it twice last year.
              You need to talk to Keith when he thinks your best chances are at taking one.
              $250 This is a 2-day hunt that allows you to harvest One Axis Doe and Two Hogs
              2 Day hunt is from Noon Friday to Noon Sunday. So you get 2 evening and 2 morning hunts.
              The camp house is roomy and has A/C Sleeps 8.
              stuntriderant knows what i mean he has been there as well with DrenlinJunky.
              Keith is a great guy to get along with.

Here is some images in this thread for you to look at.

Comment

Im going back middle of April to try to make up for blowing the shot on that Axis .
                Really enjoy rereading the recap of our hunt.Good huntin with you.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                  ant,
                  you goin to keiths in April? I cant make it to the birthday hunt. Gotta go to Denver for my nieces 1st birthday.

Comment

Oh yea!! I will go out for a day or so if theres room. Ill call Keith and see if its cool.

Comment

Which is better, Keith Johns or Quattro B?

Comment

I went to both last year in April.

Service:
                        Keith is awesome, he will talk to you and be there with you all the time. Keith is more up front and straightforward.
                        I only saw Mr. Boazman twice our whole trip. He let us do some things that others couldn't and he also "changed his mind" a lot.

Animals:
                        Keith has better quality exotics. He has feeders and I saw more animals at Keith's while on stand. Saw many different "big" exotics.
                        Quattro B has more (and from what I saw bigger) hogs. Boazman does a feed route, so I saw less animals on stand. His animals are more spread out, and I only saw about 3 "big" exotics.

The hunt:
                        Keith will take you out to your stand and pick you back up.
                        Boazman's will take you out to your stand and then let you (if you want) come back in by yourself (but we were the only ones at the ranch). This provided us with an opportunity to spot and stalk...so we basically got to hunt a lot more.

I would go back to either. Keith takes care of you more, and Boazman's is more of a "do it youself" hunt. It just depends what experience you want. If you are just after an axis, I would do Keith's over Boazmans.

Comment

Be there 2/22-2/25.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                            Be there 2/22-2/25.
                            We are going to Keith Johns March 5-7. Will you let me know how your trip goes. I would appreciate it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                              Be there 2/22-2/25.
                              We are going to Keith Johns March 5-7 for the first time. Will you let me know how your trip goes? I would appreciate it. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X