Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50mm VS Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm Conquest Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50mm VS Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm Conquest Rifle

Which one would you go with for a Browning 7 Mag?

I have a Leupold VX-2 3-9x50 on it now but at some point would like to put that scope on my .243 and go with something with a little more magnification.

If not one of these two what compares in the price range? The Leupold is about $150 cheaper.

Every one of my rifles has a leupold on them...but I'd love to have a zeiss.

Comment

I went with that Zeiss and have had no regrets...I really like it!

Comment

I would go with the Leupold. Basically it is a choice between Leupolds best or Zeiss middle of the road

Comment

Leupold is the only scope going on any of my rifles except for a Schmidt & Bender (when I win the lottery)

Comment

Zeiss has some of the best glass on the market. Go with the Zeiss. I have 3 Nightforces but they are more pricey. I would have Zeiss on mine if I didnt put Nightforces on them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
              I would go with the Leupold. Basically it is a choice between Leupolds best or Zeiss middle of the road

yup, you're really not comparing equal model.
              all things being equal, a Zeiss is better than a leupold.

Comment

I have the Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14 on my Remington 22-250. I really enjoy the scope and would recommend it to anyone....

Comment

I compared these exact scopes a few years ago. The zeiss seemed brighter and clearer even with a smaller objective. Nothing wrong with Leupold, but I think the Zeiss is better glass. Went with the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and never regreted it.

Comment

I have two rifles with the Ziess 4.5x14x44 and I would never give it up the best optics I have ever had.

Comment

Zeiss will be my next one. I bought the discontinued VX-III because of the deal I got on it. Leupold really had to step that scope up to get to the Zeiss level. IMO

Comment

Wow. I've been trying to decide between the same two scopes for my .300wby. I've heard really good things about the new Leupold VX3, but I think the glass seems better on the Zeiss...and I like the RapidZ 800 reticle better. Oh, and if you did end up getting a Zeiss, there is a $75 rebate from Zeiss on any Conquest scope with a RapidZ reticle!

Comment

I would pick the zeiss but there really is no wrong / bad decision.

Comment

After looking through leupold and zeiss side by side, the zeiss is hands down brighter. Both are very good choices though.

Comment

get a swarovski!

Comment

Working...
                              X