Lake Amistad missing Hunter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
    That was 3 days ago though. I don't know about service out there but the battery could go quick especially if searching for service.

I hope for the best.
    Yeah, phones are very unreliable. I don't get any service at Toledo Bend in SNF. To call my wife to let her know I'm okay at the end of the day, I have minutes in my Onstar. Must be a satellite cause it always works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
      That was 3 days ago though. I don't know about service out there but the battery could go quick especially if searching for service.

I hope for the best.
      Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Yeah, phones are very unreliable. I don't get any service at Toledo Bend in SNF. To call my wife to let her know I'm okay at the end of the day, I have minutes in my Onstar. Must be a satellite cause it always works.
      Depending on which carrier he's got and where he's at he may not have signal. However, I've plotted the route back to the highway from the boat-only hunt area in case someone ever stole my boat while hunting, and he'd have long been back by now if physically able. It's not difficult if you've got daylight to get back to the highway.

Comment

Cellular service is terrible out in that area
        I kept a old bag phone for years, it was worthless except to call 911 or coast guard

Comment

Prayers on a good outcome.

Comment

Man you'd think between Air Force and Bp choppers, they could cover that ground quick with all manner of aircraft. That's a jet trainer base and their normal flight patterns take them right over that country. BP flies all kinds of choppers, and Coast Guard has a big chopper there too most of the time...
            There's some very rugged terrain on the upper end of that lake though, both forks that if he were injured, they might not could see.
            Sure hope he is found safe and sound... maybe tryin' to walk out. That would be a hike, but not impossible...

Comment

Prayers up. Hope he is found safe

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Man you'd think between Air Force and Bp choppers, they could cover that ground quick with all manner of aircraft. That's a jet trainer base and their normal flight patterns take them right over that country. BP flies all kinds of choppers, and Coast Guard has a big chopper there too most of the time...
                  There's some very rugged terrain on the upper end of that lake though, both forks that if he were injured, they might not could see.
                  Sure hope he is found safe and sound... maybe tryin' to walk out. That would be a hike, but not impossible...
                  I know BP has all kinds of state of the art infrared systems as well. They use it all the time to locate illegals.

Comment

Dang, I had not heard about this...Prayers for his safe return.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Prayers up. Hopefully he has a safe return soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayer Up for a safe return home to his family.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          I know BP has all kinds of state of the art infrared systems as well. They use it all the time to locate illegals.

Yes they do! I've seen some awesome lion video they showed me right near by bow stand in the river bottom they took with their big FLIR do-hickey. That dang sure made me think about walking to the stand in the dark!

Comment

Prayers for brother Veteran and his family. Safe return

Comment

Prayers up for his return.

Comment

Prayers Up!

Comment

Working...
                                X