Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@savinyours

Looks like something up your alley

Tailgatertiretable.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
      Anyone have thoughts on their favorite bed toolbox for a 6' bed 2013 tacoma?

I use the undercover swing cases under a retrax retractable tonneau cover. Holds a lot more than you think. Easy to take out if you need the extra room and easy to access them.

Comment

On you 4runner guys. Did putting a lift on it void your warranties? My wife has a 2020 4runner SR5 pro with black out package. Its 4x4 with TRD wheels. I like the wheels, and it came with a nice set of Goodyear Duratracks.... Thinking about lifting it though. Wonder what you guys recommend. I also have an 06 Tundra that I will post pics of soon.

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
          On you 4runner guys. Did putting a lift on it void your warranties? My wife has a 2020 4runner SR5 pro with black out package. Its 4x4 with TRD wheels. I like the wheels, and it came with a nice set of Goodyear Duratracks.... Thinking about lifting it though. Wonder what you guys recommend. I also have an 06 Tundra that I will post pics of soon.
          They changed some laws awhile back. For something to void warranty ie: lift, exhaust, etc.. they have to prove it caused an issue. For example- you have exhaust and a level kit on a 6 month old vehicle and the headlights stop working or ecu malfunctions. They cannot say those caused that.

Are you ever going to offroad it? If not just go like a 2.5 front 1" rear spacer kit. The top plate spacers have no negative effect and keep good factory ride. They arent like the old "in coil" spacers.

I have icon stage 2 and love it. But don't love the uniball icon UCAs. Mine rides better than stock. And does great towing boats, small trailers etc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            @savinyours

Looks like something up your alley

Tailgatertiretable.com

I’ve seen those, thinking about picking one up. Table space is a luxury in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
              I’ve seen those, thinking about picking one up. Table space is a luxury in the woods!

I think your local ag class could custom one a lot cheaper for you!

Comment

I figured youd fab one. I sure wont pay 140 bucks for it when its 17 dollars in materials

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I sure wont pay 140 bucks for it when its 17 dollars in materials

You’re probly right!

Comment

Anyone have a good fix for the hyperflash for aftermarket LED turn signals?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, probably going to need new tires next few months. Currently running 285/70/17 BFG in E range.

Currently considering Firestone AT, toyo at.

Any of y'all gone up to 285/75/17 or 295/70/17?

I'm worried about the mpg hit since I drive about 60 miles a day. But the 285/75 weighs the same as the e range ko2.

Got plenty of time to figure it out I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        They changed some laws awhile back. For something to void warranty ie: lift, exhaust, etc.. they have to prove it caused an issue. For example- you have exhaust and a level kit on a 6 month old vehicle and the headlights stop working or ecu malfunctions. They cannot say those caused that.

Are you ever going to offroad it? If not just go like a 2.5 front 1" rear spacer kit. The top plate spacers have no negative effect and keep good factory ride. They arent like the old "in coil" spacers.

I have icon stage 2 and love it. But don't love the uniball icon UCAs. Mine rides better than stock. And does great towing boats, small trailers etc.

Thanks for this info. I do plan to do some light off roading in it. Its too nice to get it all scratched up right now the wife says... but down the road, I will do MUCH more. I dont want to get anything crazy, but I think 2-2.5 would be great. I appreciate this information. I was concerned about the warranty ,so planned to hold off. Now that I know that may not be a concern.... hmmm!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          Man, probably going to need new tires next few months. Currently running 285/70/17 BFG in E range.

Currently considering Firestone AT, toyo at.

Any of y'all gone up to 285/75/17 or 295/70/17?

I'm worried about the mpg hit since I drive about 60 miles a day. But the 285/75 weighs the same as the e range ko2.

Got plenty of time to figure it out I suppose.

Wildpeaks have a great reputation on these light Toyota’s. Do you do a lot of rock crawling? If not, you could drop down to an 8 ply, save some weight.

Comment

Wildpeaks have a great reputation on these light Toyota’s. Do you do a lot of rock crawling? If not, you could drop down to an 8 ply, save some weight.

I do not. I don't offroad for fun. Only to get to hunting spots or on bad boat launches.

Comment

Also, the original would peaks are my favorite tires ever. Wish I could find a NOS set somewhere. The new ones I see alot of people with the same issues as BFG balancing and heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Anyone have a good fix for the hyperflash for aftermarket LED turn signals?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

You can wire a resistor into one light on each side and it will fix that. I bought some at Radio Shack, but I bet they are available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X