Grand Prairie fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
    Glad to know we have a TBH'er at DFW. Which station do you work out of?

My office is at 635 and Royal and we live just east of the airport in Las Colinas. Our kids enjoy watching everyone train at the facilities off Airfield as well as seeing the trucks!
    I’m at Station 6 off 635/royal area. 711 Regent BLVD. Across from the old Dallas cowboys warehouse. Real close to you.
    If the kids ever want to come by and see the truck and play around just give me a holler.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
      Does DFW run OshKosh or Rosenbauer ARFF trucks? I know either way,they're pretty much hot rods and can do some damage.
      We run Oshkosh Striker 4500’s. We have about 10 of them and 7 or 8 structural trucks, a few RIV vehicles and 6 MICU ambulances I think. Crash trucks hold 4500 gallons of water, 525 gallons of foam, and 450 pounds of dry chemical. and can discharge 1200 gpm from one turret and 600gpm from the other at the same time for a total of 1800gpm total of water, foam, and dry chemical with about 220’ feet of reach and pump and roll ability. Trucks even have 5 under truck nozzles so you can drive through small flames without burning your truck up.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
        I’m at Station 6 off 635/royal area. 711 Regent BLVD. Across from the old Dallas cowboys warehouse. Real close to you.
        If the kids ever want to come by and see the truck and play around just give me a holler.
        Yep, you are just down the street from us as we are next to Exide Battery off Royal. I'll definitely keep that offer in mind as the kids would get a kick out of it.

Comment

Don’t doubt us!
          We (DFW Airport) have 2 crash trucks there right now with plenty of water and foam that are putting out 1200 gallons a minutes from each truck (the big yellow ones). Been at it for a few hours straight and almost got it licked. Have a good 5” supply line and foam trailer keep us reserviced. They have even brought in fuel trucks to keep us running. 75 gallon tank has been filled 3 times already.
          Our department got called in around midnight but didn’t start applying agent til this morning while they made a plan of attack.
          Effin A! Keep layin down the fire whoopass!

Comment

Looks like fire is estimated to burn another day

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
              Looks like fire is estimated to burn another day
              Fake news!
              It’s basically out. Grand Prairie said the fire should be wrapped up this evening but clean up will take a while. Hardly any fire left. They already have equipment in there move around the bulk of the debris field so it can be cooled down.

Comment

Fake news!
                It’s basically out. Grand Prairie said the fire should be wrapped up this evening but clean up will take a while. Hardly any fire left. They already have equipment in there move around the bulk of the debris field so it can be cooled down.
                Dang you guys are good

Comment

I work at a company near there. No work today and late start at best tomorrow. The issue is power the ff put an *** whoopin on the fire.

Comment

Fake news!

Thank you for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
                      Thank you for your service.
                      My pleasure. Thanks. Cant imagine doing anything different.

Comment

We run Oshkosh Striker 4500’s. We have about 10 of them and 7 or 8 structural trucks, a few RIV vehicles and 6 MICU ambulances I think. Crash trucks hold 4500 gallons of water, 525 gallons of foam, and 450 pounds of dry chemical. and can discharge 1200 gpm from one turret and 600gpm from the other at the same time for a total of 1800gpm total of water, foam, and dry chemical with about 220’ feet of reach and pump and roll ability. Trucks even have 5 under truck nozzles so you can drive through small flames without burning your truck up.
                        Now that is pretty cool. Never knew they could throw that much!

About the stuff burning, how are they allowed to store anything under those transmission lines? We just tried to get power to our rifle range. Closest route was straight across the pasture under big lines like that. CenterPoint said no.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          Now that is pretty cool. Never knew they could throw that much!

About the stuff burning, how are they allowed to store anything under those transmission lines? We just tried to get power to our rifle range. Closest route was straight across the pasture under big lines like that. CenterPoint said no.
                          Quick math I did today shows we dumped about 1.5 millions of water in 10 hours. That’s a lot of runoff to deal with!!

Not sure on the location of lines questions. Could be that the facility was there prior to the lines so the power company decided to put the line through existing occupant and assume liability. Really don’t know. Since it was supposedly caused by the failure of the high tension line I would assume the power company or owner of that line is liable. Just speculating here though.

Comment

Don’t doubt us!

We (DFW Airport) have 2 crash trucks there right now with plenty of water and foam that are putting out 1200 gallons a minutes from each truck (the big yellow ones). Been at it for a few hours straight and almost got it licked. Have a good 5” supply line and foam trailer keep us reserviced. They have even brought in fuel trucks to keep us running. 75 gallon tank has been filled 3 times already.

Our department got called in around midnight but didn’t start applying agent til this morning while they made a plan of attack.
                            Thanks for y'all's help today. I'm sitting on the S side of the scene right now

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Fake news!
                              Good to hear & good work.

Comment

Quick math I did today shows we dumped about 1.5 millions of water in 10 hours. That’s a lot of runoff to deal with!!

Not sure on the location of lines questions. Could be that the facility was there prior to the lines so the power company decided to put the line through existing occupant and assume liability. Really don’t know. Since it was supposedly caused by the failure of the high tension line I would assume the power company or owner of that line is liable. Just speculating here though.
                                How many hydrants does it take to get a supply of water of 1200 gallons/ minute and or 150k gallons/ hour?

Comment

Working...
                                X