No announcement yet.

caulk vs wood putty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for Sherwin Williams and that is a great product to use for your project. I would also use wood filler for the nail holes as mentioned.

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    THis is what scherwin Williams is suggesting. Its a water base but acts like a oil base.

Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel

A smooth and luxurious finish for doors and trim, EmeraldĀ® Interior/Exterior Urethane Trim Enamel delivers a finish that withstands wear and tear and goes on in fewer coats.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Jeez, did you get any on the bed?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
        What he said.

Wood putty for the nail holes, and caulk for any trim, and kilz primer
        This ^ and use oil base semi gloss and a sprayer if you want it to look the best and last.

Comment

I do this for a living
          Caulk all joints that could have any play or movement.
          If you are certain the joint in question is glued and fastened well enough you can use putty.
          Putty has no give so it will crack if it flexes any.

Comment

Originally posted by ReidJustin
            I think you should pay attention to waterproofer, which has long been the best of all other innovations in gap sealing.
            I choose waterproofer every time I need it because it does just about anything. Plus, its name speaks for itself.
            It will be an excellent experience for you anyway if you try it. It works on any surface you bring it near. That's what I like to use waterproofer for. I haven't found a more effective product in my long life. Happy to be of help with this information

When I was in China on the All-American Ping Pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flexolite ping pong paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by ReidJustin
              I think you should pay attention to waterproofer, which has long been the best of all other innovations in gap sealing.
              I choose waterproofer every time I need it because it does just about anything. Plus, its name speaks for itself.
              It will be an excellent experience for you anyway if you try it. It works on any surface you bring it near. That's what I like to use waterproofer for. I haven't found a more effective product in my long life. Happy to be of help with this information

Whatcha drinking this afternoon ?

Comment

If the bed is going to see much action dont use the wood putty on the seems it will crack.��

Comment

Working...
                X