Trolling Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolling Motor

Looking to upgrade my trolling motor on my TV18 Tracker boat. Currently have a 12v 55lb motorguide. It works ok but was thinking about getting something like the ipilot with spot lock from minnkota or something similar.

What would the green screen go with and why?

I pilot is the way to go. Price really just depends on if you want to pay for it to deploy itself or not.

Comment

And if you want it to communicate with your electronics also. Bigger is always better on a trolling motor.

Comment

I would start with a budget first, most of these motors are now $2K-2600 in price range and will be at least 24 volts so you will be adding another battery and I would suggest a charging system.

I had a Minn Kota Power Drive V2 and it was a good motor but I hated the stow and deploy method. I have seen so many of the auto deploy units in the shop, stripped drives and such. With the way these motors must be forward mounted, the trolling motor hits the dock first since it juts out over the edge of the boat.

I would look at the Ultrex, that is the best I have seen and has a traditional stow/deploy mounting system.

Comment

Yep I pilot is great.. I only carry an anchor for emergencys now.. it's nice to be trolling along and hook into a fish then hit anchor. I also use it from the back of the boat when the kids fish with me so they can cast on the front deck..

Comment

I got my motor guide xi5 24v 80lb thrust for dirt cheap barely used on ebay. Couldnt be happier. Hate the remote for bass fishing though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Minn-Kota Ulterra 36v 112# a few months ago. I admit it was extremely difficult to spend that kind of money, but I can say it is the most valuable asset on the boat. I've used it to anchor at the jetties in 3' swells, 40 miles off shore, in the lake while the kids swam and I've even launched my boat solo with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be picking my new boat up on Saturday and it will have a 24v 80lb minn kota terrova with I pilot in it.

Comment

Thanks guys, probably will end up with the 24v 80#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I will be picking my new boat up on Saturday and it will have a 24v 80lb minn kota terrova with I pilot in it.

Your gonna love it Justin!

Comment

Lowarnce is coming out with one, the ghost.

Comment

I cant imagine life without I pilot. It can be a pia for actual bass fishing but we make do

Comment

Once you get spot lock on a TM you will wonder how you fished without it! That said none of the GPS TM's hold up near as well as the old cable steer models.

Comment

Don’t be hesitant to buy a factory refurbished TM. If getting I Pilot, go one size bigger and 24v system. Also get the longest shaft available.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Don’t be hesitant to buy a factory refurbished TM. If getting I Pilot, go one size bigger and 24v system. Also get the longest shaft available.

Link?

Comment

Working...
                              X