No announcement yet.

Where to sell a pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CarMax seems to offer at least KBB trade-in value for newer cars in good shape. I got an offer from them recently that was about $1000 above that.

Comment

Buyer

Try givemethevin.com. Says he will beat carmax or pay you a hundred bucks. Place they will come pick the vehicle up.

Comment

I have bought and sold about 6 vehicles in the past year or so. Facebook and craigslist is the way to go. Facebook better than the other. But, like others have said carmax is a good place to start. Or find someone you know that will post it for you on Facebook and Craigslist and deal with the people. Shoot, I'll do for a fee lol. Don't give up, some just take more time to sell. Or KBB will get you an offer as well.

Comment

Expect to lose tons of money going that route.

Comment

Givemethevin worked great for me! Came to my house and handed me a check and took the truck. Don’t take the first two offers, and they will negotiate to what you want

Comment

Originally posted by Rsp View Post
              Givemethevin worked great for me! Came to my house and handed me a check and took the truck. Don’t take the first two offers, and they will negotiate to what you want
              I put all the info in and declined the first offer. Literally as soon as a pushed decline my phone rang and it was them. I told them my bottom dollar and he said he'll call back shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsp View Post
                Did you do it in your underwear?

Comment

I’ve sold on Givemethevin.com with a great experience. I was able to negotiate a fair price that Carmax and Texas Direct Auto could not match. They will also pick up the vehicle from your home.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                    We've bought and sold a few cars through Carmax and had pretty good experiences with them. That's a nice truck btw, hopefully they'd give you a decent offer.
                    Our experience with CarMax was good as well. Have sold lots of stuff on Facebook Marketplaces but beware of all the knuckleheads wanting to low ball everything. I love to send msgs back to them later when I sell the item to someone else who is reasonable.

Comment

What truck you selling?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        I put all the info in and declined the first offer. Literally as soon as a pushed decline my phone rang and it was them. I told them my bottom dollar and he said he'll call back shortly.
                        Curious, how far off trade in value from a site like kbb was their offer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          What truck you selling?
                          The one in the classifieds. 2015 F150 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            Curious, how far off trade in value from a site like kbb was their offer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            KBB put the trade-in value at $34,600. They offered $31,000.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                              The one in the classifieds. 2015 F150 Platinum
                              Thanks, I went and searched and found it. Beautiful truck and I would love to buy it. Just a little out of my price range right now. Good luck though Hal!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                Thanks, I went and searched and found it. Beautiful truck and I would love to buy it. Just a little out of my price range right now. Good luck though Hal!
                                Thanks buddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X