Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range
Default 2021 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

My wife just ordered one today.....supposed to arrive in Oct.

Anyone else order one yet?
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 10:48 PM   #2
lwelch70
Ten Point

Can only dream about it with the sticker price! They look incredible. Congratulations.

What kind of specs did you guys order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lwelch70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #3
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Before i googled it i was expecting a little bit of retro flare....but it looks very modern. Looks Tahoe'ish.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 04:40 AM   #4
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Is she getting the green with wood paneling?
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #5
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwelch70 View Post
Can only dream about it with the sticker price! They look incredible. Congratulations.

What kind of specs did you guys order?
She got the Series 3 so not much in the way of upgrades from there. We are old so we dont have young kids therefore the rear entertainment didnt make sense for us to get. I think that was the only significant upgrade she could have added. She got the Baltic Gray and Black exterior with Blue Agave interior. The sticker is something else but my wife has kept her last two vehicles for 9 years plus each time so I dont really mind her getting something in this price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Before i googled it i was expecting a little bit of retro flare....but it looks very modern. Looks Tahoe'ish.
I would agree on the thought they should have done something more retro with it. They are marketing it to the Range Rover crowd which ironically is what she has now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
Is she getting the green with wood paneling?
You know she would never do green. If it was available it would have been blue with wood paneling.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:58 AM   #6
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

My goodness.....

A loaded one is $109,000.00
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #7
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

That Trackhawk version looks bad*****.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #8
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

My first house was 103k 13 years ago and I made money when I sold it.

Iíll pass on the jeep.

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #9
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

I learned how to drive in a yellow 1975 grand wagoneer. Have always wanted one but if I do, Iíll go retro. I agree new ones look like a Tahoe or Expedition. I am sure they are nice though.

HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #10
captainsling
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dilley, Texas

I never buy first production year vehicles. Usually nothing but problems until the bugs are worked out.

But that is a nice looking vehicle.
captainsling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #11
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
That Trackhawk version looks bad*****.
It is...the awd will out scoot most any sports car straight line. Durango has a version as well.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #12
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

for that price, i'll sit back watch them drive on bye....
glad for ya'll!! OP
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #13
91cavgt
Ten Point

It is an awesome looking SUV! Towing capability looks to be really good too.
91cavgt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #14
Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

70k base price. Phew... I think I’m getting old.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 11:11 PM   #15
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
70k base price. Phew... I think Iím getting old.

Itís just going to get worse. I didnít get a pay raise last year due to covid but everything has skyrocketed. Iím due for a raise this year again this month and Iím looking at 3% on my base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 07:34 PM   #16
rtp
Pope & Young

I guess Im kinda shocked that a few others havent ordered one. I know it is pricey but there arent much more than those $90k trucks rolling around town these days.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #17
CyTxCazador
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico

I’m trying to create generational wealth but I’m still one generation too close to the trailer park to be ordering one of these. I had a $65k Cummins and I knew Dave Ramsey was talking to me that first night of Financial Peace University. We “amputated the Tahoe” and I currently cruise a sweet 06 Ram 2500 gasser for $0.00 per month.

This does not apply to you old, rich guys. This is for us dumb rednecks in our 20’s - 40’s making money for the first time and not knowing how to make it work for us. If you’re still with me, here’s an example.

You take this $100,000 price tag and finance this car for 8 years at 5%. In 8 years, with interest, you have turned $147,746 into a $20,000 used car. Now, if you take that $1,539 monthly payment (not including money saved on insurance) and invest that into a money market account with average 10% annual returns, in those 8 years you will have turned $147,746 into $214,797. If you’re 35 years old and keep doing just this amount of money that you “can afford the monthly payment on”, if you can not try to have the nicest F-250 & Ranger at the lease, if you put just that $1,539 into that account every month, at 65 years old you turned that lifetime of monthly car payments into $3,067,172 and a ranch of your own with your last name on the gate. I ain’t ever seen my last name on a ranch gate, but I will.

Sorry to poop on your thread, but if I can reach one and keep ‘em from a life if indentured servitude, maybe the Lord will continue to bless me.
CyTxCazador is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 10:01 PM   #18
ShoootLow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Most of Texas

I like to keep my wife in a <5 year old vehicle for peace of mind, and fortunately she is reasonable with her vehicle preferencesÖkind of. I keep trucks for 10-12 years normally, so it really hurts when you see the delta between sticker price from last time to next time. 2 more years of notes and no payment for the next 5-6Öand keep low mileage on my truck.
ShoootLow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 06:43 AM   #19
rvd
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyTxCazador View Post
Iím trying to create generational wealth but Iím still one generation too close to the trailer park to be ordering one of these. I had a $65k Cummins and I knew Dave Ramsey was talking to me that first night of Financial Peace University. We ďamputated the TahoeĒ and I currently cruise a sweet 06 Ram 2500 gasser for $0.00 per month.

This does not apply to you old, rich guys. This is for us dumb rednecks in our 20ís - 40ís making money for the first time and not knowing how to make it work for us. If youíre still with me, hereís an example.

You take this $100,000 price tag and finance this car for 8 years at 5%. In 8 years, with interest, you have turned $147,746 into a $20,000 used car. Now, if you take that $1,539 monthly payment (not including money saved on insurance) and invest that into a money market account with average 10% annual returns, in those 8 years you will have turned $147,746 into $214,797. If youíre 35 years old and keep doing just this amount of money that you ďcan afford the monthly payment onĒ, if you can not try to have the nicest F-250 & Ranger at the lease, if you put just that $1,539 into that account every month, at 65 years old you turned that lifetime of monthly car payments into $3,067,172 and a ranch of your own with your last name on the gate. I ainít ever seen my last name on a ranch gate, but I will.

Sorry to poop on your thread, but if I can reach one and keep Ďem from a life if indentured servitude, maybe the Lord will continue to bless me.
Whoís this Dave Ramsey you speak of?
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 07:28 AM   #20
RINCON
Ten Point

Just think how many Krivoman blinds you could buy?

Nice ride!
RINCON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 07:55 AM   #21
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Iím trying to create generational wealth but Iím still one generation too close to the trailer park to be ordering one of these. I had a $65k Cummins and I knew Dave Ramsey was talking to me that first night of Financial Peace University. We ďamputated the TahoeĒ and I currently cruise a sweet 06 Ram 2500 gasser for $0.00 per month.

This does not apply to you old, rich guys. This is for us dumb rednecks in our 20ís - 40ís making money for the first time and not knowing how to make it work for us. If youíre still with me, hereís an example.

You take this $100,000 price tag and finance this car for 8 years at 5%. In 8 years, with interest, you have turned $147,746 into a $20,000 used car. Now, if you take that $1,539 monthly payment (not including money saved on insurance) and invest that into a money market account with average 10% annual returns, in those 8 years you will have turned $147,746 into $214,797. If youíre 35 years old and keep doing just this amount of money that you ďcan afford the monthly payment onĒ, if you can not try to have the nicest F-250 & Ranger at the lease, if you put just that $1,539 into that account every month, at 65 years old you turned that lifetime of monthly car payments into $3,067,172 and a ranch of your own with your last name on the gate. I ainít ever seen my last name on a ranch gate, but I will.

Sorry to poop on your thread, but if I can reach one and keep Ďem from a life if indentured servitude, maybe the Lord will continue to bless me.
Then maybe dont poop on my thread and start your own and you might reach more than one? FYI, Ive taught many young people the principles you speak of. I guess I should have directed my thread to old rich guys only.

Last edited by rtp; 06-12-2021 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #22
Dejashoot
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Then maybe dont poop on my thread and start your own and you might reach more than one? FYI, Ive taught many young people the principles you speak of. I guess I should have directed my thread to old rich guys only.
How dare you (or your wife) spend money that you rightfully made. Donít come to us asking for handouts when you canít feed yourself. LMAO! Canít anyone just be happy for someone instead of telling them how wrong they are.

Nice ride. Iím not much on the grille but in will grow on me Iím sure.
Dejashoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 10:33 AM   #23
RdRdrFan
Pope & Young

Quote:

While I donít disagree with living within oneís means and suchÖÖ.your assumption of a 10% money market and the math you use is way off.

On one hand you are assuming that the person is financing 100% of the vehicle and on your savings plan you are assuming that the person has $147M to invest.

Once againÖÖI donít disagree with you in principle but your math/assumptions are WAAAAAAY off.
RdRdrFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 02:42 PM   #24
peterp63
Ten Point

Awesome ride. Bought my wife a loaded Lincoln Navi L recently and itís been awesome and needed traveling with kiddos. We talked about waiting for the Jeep since she loved her Grand Cherokee SRT, but she fell in love with the navigator. Looking forward to your review when yíall get to driving it.
peterp63 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #25
LAW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Salado,Junction,Mullin

What no Woody
LAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #26
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Finally a good looking Jeep!! Reminds me of a Lincoln Navigator,and I like them too.Very nice rig!!
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 02:59 PM   #27
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County

A 10% money market , heck yeah sign me up!
(I've been getting robbed )

Can't wait to see pics on the new Jeep!
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #28
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #29
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

For that kind of money it better come with 5 acres

Good lookin ride
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #30
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
A 10% money market , heck yeah sign me up!
(I've been getting robbed )

Can't wait to see pics on the new Jeep!
Me too! I need to slide about a half mill into one of those.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #31
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

We just bought a very expesive car. We ran out of bills to pay a year ago............
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 03:50 PM   #32
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
We just bought a very expesive car. We ran out of bills to pay a year ago............

Apparently you are part of the old rich guy club.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #33
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

[QUOTE=rtp;15658996]Apparently you are part of the old rich guy club.

Got my card from the gooberment. They call it a Social Security check every month.......
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top