How often do you service SidexSide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you service SidexSide?

In 2019 I bought a new Mule Pro. The dealership said I needed to get the fluids changed after about 50 hours, which they said is standard. So I after the 2019 season I got it fully service,...it had a little over 50 hours. So it actually got serviced in February of 2020. Since then my lease got sold and I let my dad take it to his lease in Hebbronville. We live about 5.5 hours away so it’s not like he or we were up there all the time. It’s only been used about 9 weekends this entire past year.
    I now have the opportunity to get on a lease and will be taking my Mule back, but the lease I’m getting on is closer to Hebbronville than where I live. I’d rather take it from Hebbronville to my new lease and save the time of having to haul it 5.5 hours back home, then haul it almost 6 hours to the new lease.

My question is do y’all think the Mule will be okay if I don’t bring it back to get serviced? I like to take care of my things, but it just doesn’t seem worth all the hauling to-and-from for not a ton of use this year/season. What do y’all say?

Just buy all the fluids and do it yourself. I doubt you are supposed to change the differential and trans fluid every 50 hours so a simple oil change and air filter should suffice

Comment

I take mine in yearly like my mower. Normally mid February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took my new one to the dealer for service after 50 hours. After that I did it myself. Probably do it twice a year.

Comment

You’re probably just fine.

Comment

My ranger is a 2008. The first time I had it serviced was in 2018! Never had a lick of trouble out of it between 2008 and 2018.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would take to the new lease. Use it 9 more weekends. Then change the oil& filter. Blow air filter out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by el_tejas_gringo View Post
                In 2019 I bought a new Mule Pro. The dealership said I needed to get the fluids changed after about 50 hours, which they said is standard. So I after the 2019 season I got it fully service,...it had a little over 50 hours. So it actually got serviced in February of 2020. Since then my lease got sold and I let my dad take it to his lease in Hebbronville. We live about 5.5 hours away so it’s not like he or we were up there all the time. It’s only been used about 9 weekends this entire past year.
                I now have the opportunity to get on a lease and will be taking my Mule back, but the lease I’m getting on is closer to Hebbronville than where I live. I’d rather take it from Hebbronville to my new lease and save the time of having to haul it 5.5 hours back home, then haul it almost 6 hours to the new lease.

My question is do y’all think the Mule will be okay if I don’t bring it back to get serviced? I like to take care of my things, but it just doesn’t seem worth all the hauling to-and-from for not a ton of use this year/season. What do y’all say?
                I have a Mule Pro, and done my 50 hour service myself. I service mine once a year and change all fluids/filters myself. I buy this kit from Amazon and use Lucas synthetic in the differentials.

Comment

It will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just get fluids and do it yourself. Bout a 30 min job and what they charge at the dealers to do it is outrageous. Some of those places have a 2 hrs minimum. Bought mine at K's motorsports in humble and wanted $380 to service. Wont get my business again

Comment

Most will have a hourmeter they reset to tell you when it is time for maintenance. Usually after 25 hours or one year after the initial first one. Dont remember the details and I am sure it is different by brand.

I always change my oil based on use, not time. Sometimes I have gone 2 years between oil changes if I have not used it much.

You do not need to change your differential/gear box oils every time you do an oil change. Along with your oil change, always change out the air filter, that is probably the worst culprit to damaging your engine. Blow it out periodically between changes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Use mine almost everyday, and shoot for 50hrs. Sometimes I go over a bit.
                        I would change it at the new lease if it was mine.
                        Go to Orielly and get a Wix 1394 filter.
                        Also 3 quarts of Castrol GO!4T 10w-40 oil. (Kawi recommends a JASO certified oil)
                        Drain plug is a 14mm.
                        The oil filter is a PIA to get to. I reach down in front of the engine, blindly, and can R&R the filter by hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X