Red Dot with Magnifier Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dot with Magnifier Question

Last night I purchased an RRA AR with a Sig Romeo/Juliet combo.

With the magnifier flipped to the side and only looking through the Romeo, the red dot is a perfect little dot. When I look at it through the magnifier, it is distorted unless I really put cheek pressure down on the stick and get my eye level with the bottom of the optic. At first I thought maybe a slight astigmatism, but I brought it in to the office today and 3 other guys see the same thing. Is this common with a magnifier or could it potentially be something off with the magnifier? Any adjustments to be made?

I haven't dealt with this directly, but I have ready several threads/articles about it as I was looking at magnifiers. Are both mounted directly to the pic rail, or do they have quick release mounts, etc? Sounds like you may need to put a riser on them to make sure they are both spaced equally from the top of the rail.

Comment

The dot in a red dot is not necessarily a perfect circle. It’s probably just more noticeable with the magnification.

Comment

I have a similar combo, Eotech.
        I can adjust the magnifier up, down, left, and right.
        If not perfectly centered this happens to me as well.
        Making sure the lenses are clean helps.
        Other than this what do you think of the Sig?
        Been looking at this exact setup.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I have a similar combo, Eotech.
          I can adjust the magnifier up, down, left, and right.
          If not perfectly centered this happens to me as well.
          Making sure the lenses are clean helps.
          Other than this what do you think of the Sig?
          Been looking at this exact setup.
          I haven’t got to put a round through it yet, but based on looking through the Romeo and the Juliet, I like them a lot. They were a combo on the gun I bought. I’ll be anxious to shoot it as soon as my ammo gets here to see how well it holds on target.

On the magnifier, if I line my eye up on the lower end of the optic, the dot gets better. Really seems like an alignment issue.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
            I haven't dealt with this directly, but I have ready several threads/articles about it as I was looking at magnifiers. Are both mounted directly to the pic rail, or do they have quick release mounts, etc? Sounds like you may need to put a riser on them to make sure they are both spaced equally from the top of the rail.
            The red dot is mounted directly. The magnifier has a quick detach. That could be some of it.

Comment

Working...
            X