No announcement yet.

Well I did a thing, I'm not sure about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We rode to work together today. We spoke. My concern was quite simple. My thought was my money my way.
    His thought was his company his way.
    So we reached a simple agreement
    I expect to be repaid in 24 mos.

It's a hand up not a hand out.

As far as getting my truck in fighting shape.
    She has some wander going down the road. My guess is front end needs attention.
    Tires are wearing funny. Hi and low on edges. Suspension issue, likely shocks.
    Check engine light keeps coming on. Code reader says 0430. Had a shop look at it. I was hoping it was an O2 sensor. They said it's a catalytic converter. They don't do exhaust.
    Tires were on the truck when I bought. I've put 66,000 miles on them.
    It's a 98 with 235,000 miles on it.
    Wife's Explorer is an '01 with 325,000 miles on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      We rode to work together today. We spoke. My concern was quite simple. My thought was my money my way.

Check engine light keeps coming on. Code reader says 0430. Had a shop look at it. I was hoping it was an O2 sensor. They said it's a catalytic converter. They don't do exhaust.
      Good deal. One thing I would do is tell him to pay you a little bit every time he gets paid. If in your position I would much rather take $50 a week or $100 or more on a bigger job than to float him for the entire two years and hope he can pay you then. Will probably be evident pretty early if his business model is sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        12 more thoughts than second thought.
        That’s funny

Comment

I admire your entrepreneurial spirit. I would be hesitant to give anyone $2,000 for a business venture. You are a good friend and a good person. I hope in two years, your friends is able to provide 2k with interest.

Comment

The market for commercials about Tues is off the charts right now. Advertising tonight alone about "well folks tomorrow is Tuesday..." I bet I saw 14th of em

PB11 is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank beeotches!!

I myself invested in a new line of mouse traps

The guy "Curtis" from Curtintex industries said "I've almost got this barrel peanut butter trap perfected, I just need 2000 more dollars"

I said "hellay yeah! Sign me up!!

Comment

Well I did a thing, I'm not sure about

Help him acquire work and charge a commission.
              I could use new tractor tires in McKinney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s only money....who cares you can make more every day....

Comment

Kyle, you are a good hearted person and obviously a good friend to...well, to your friends. I suspect that the $2000 was not really an investment but just a loan to help a buddy get started. I hope he succeeds, and I wish you both well in this (ad)venture. I agree with RR 314. Have him pay you periodically, rather than a lump sum. Ideally you should have him sign a note to evidence the debt. What happens if he dies?

Suggesstion: The next time you type out a post...read it back s l o w l y before you hit the submit button. I know. Your name is Pushbutton, but seriousy, you would save yourself a lot of good natured razzing about your fat fingered typing. In fact, reread it twice and make sure it makes sense, not how you have it in your head, but to someone reading it that can't decypher your thinking.

Comment

Maybe he meant Commercial Tunes. Some of them have pretty good jingles, and the secondary market is great right now. Probably all the speculation of what the next administration will do . . .

Comment

I know where bud be looking for tires!

Good luck Kyle, your generosity and trust in your friends is unbelievable. I hope it all turns out great for you.

Just curious, your buddy is not Troy from Webster is it?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        If you come across another $2000, I’ve a helluva investment opportunity for you. Do the words Commercial Faes pique your interest? I thought so. I can’t promise you a 1000% return, but I can’t not promise you a 2000% return either. Maybe as high as 3000% or as low as lose my number. We’ll see. I’ll be in touch!

You'll need to wait 2 yrs to recoup the $2k

Comment

No idea on your financial situation OP, but good luck to your friend and you. I hope he makes a killin and turns it into s full time gig.

Comment

I was going to share my weekend adventure with you all.
                            But I decided I won't.

But here's a tease.
                            Watching deer with thermal scanner, waiting on daylight, coyote chases deer, Kyle kills coyote. Deer come back while kyle walking to get coyote. Kyle gets excited

Comment

Good luck explaining to your wife. I would suggest choose your words more carefully than you did on this post.

Comment

Kyle you must have a big heart and a good one.

I hope your friend is highly successful.

I would also have him make small payments as he went and get something in writing in case something was to happen to him. If anything were to happen to him you could at least recover part of your money by getting the tools that seem to have been purchased with your assistance.

Have a great day Kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X