South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    I’m on my way now and staying until Wednesday.

Hopefully see some different deer this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck and good meeting you at The Bucces

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
      Good luck and good meeting you at The Bucces

Nice meeting you also! On bang number 2[emoji23]

Comment

Man it’s been super slow. All the bucks must be hooked up in the woods or they all got shot.

I keep seeing one really nice 130’s 10 that’s 4 but his running buddies are all gone.

Before the rut I was seeing several decent 8’s and a couple more 10’s bachlored up but they gone now. I think this happens every year and I always forget lol.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-14-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Mostly young bucks but I've had 10 at my feeder all morning not a doe in sight

4 year old 7pt I would've shot had I brought my grandpas rifle

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            Mostly young bucks but I've had 10 at my feeder all morning not a doe in sight

4 year old 7pt I would've shot had I brought my grandpas rifle

New to the South and experiencing the same - does that mean the chasing is over, did i miss it?

Comment

Man it’s been super slow. All the bucks must be hooked up in the woods or they all got shot.

I keep seeing one really nice 130’s 10 that’s 4 but his running buddies are all gone.

Before the rut I was seeing several decent 8’s and a couple more 10’s bachlored up but they gone now. I think this happens every year and I always forget lol.

See above

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                New to the South and experiencing the same - does that mean the chasing is over, did i miss it?
                For us it is about to kick off

Comment

I’ve been at the ranch solid since Nov 3rd, hunting has been slow except for the few cold spells. There are scrapes everywhere and sign that the deer are moving but it’s slower than normal at the blinds and corn feeders. The rut is about to be in full swing here any day now.

It’s a chilly 36 this morning. Lots of movement. Saw this 10yo for the first time in a few weeks.

Comment

I'd have been takin pics next to that one!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a few teenagers pushing does around in McMullen county this past weekend, most of the older class were more interested in food,

Comment

If that is a teenager, I'd hate to see your adults. Nice Buck! Great pics. Headed there tomorrow, we'll see what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                          I’ve been at the ranch solid since Nov 3rd, hunting has been slow except for the few cold spells. There are scrapes everywhere and sign that the deer are moving but it’s slower than normal at the blinds and corn feeders. The rut is about to be in full swing here any day now.

It’s a chilly 36 this morning. Lots of movement. Saw this 10yo for the first time in a few weeks.

Great buck....been a while. Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                            If that is a teenager, I'd hate to see your adults. Nice Buck! Great pics. Headed there tomorrow, we'll see what they are doing.

Yet again I feel like I chose the wrong time. I should have come this Wednesday to Tuesday of next week. I’ll be back down next Saturday and stay most of the week. May he’s home New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                              Great buck....been a while. Welcome back

Thanks....I’m always lurking [emoji6]

Comment

Yet again I feel like I chose the wrong time. I should have come this Wednesday to Tuesday of next week. I’ll be back down next Saturday and stay most of the week. May he’s home New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.

Hard to figure, I missed it last year. Was there last weekend and you could tell not quite yet. Dad is there now and seems the same. Others said they were running hard during week last week in same county. Who knows lol, headed that way tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X