• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATX BANDIT View Post
    Nice work!
    Thank you

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
    How thick was the metal you used for the frame?
    1/8" (.125) which is what the original was framed with. I wanted to match it to reduce added weight as much as possible while still maintaining strength.

Comment

[emoji35] @&$@ spool of wire!! Another day lost [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rusty wire?

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            rusty wire?
            No, the wire wasn't wound tight on the spool. It was loose and overlaying itself so the machine couldn't feed it consistently. Imagine braided fishing line getting hung up on a baitcaster, same thing pretty much. I pulled 60+ feet of wire off the spool trying to get past the loose stuff but never found it. Headed back to tractor supply today with remainder of the spool and ball of wire in hand. We'll see how it goes. If they'll just exchange it for another spool, I'll be satisfied.

Comment

Just need to weld it out then off to the paint shop.

Comment

Well done

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

How was the TSC run to exchange the wire?

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                    How was the TSC run to exchange the wire?
                    You know how you get into a irritating situation like that and you get all amped up walking into the store, just hoping for a fight? Cause you just know they're going to push back and not want to make it right. You've had the conversation in your head 4 or 5 times and you got a couple good zinggers tucked away in your back pocket.

Well I walked in all bowed up and ready! Walked straight up to the customer service desk, slapped that wire on the counter like I was playing Dominoes and just laid down the winner! The service guy turned around, looked at the wire, looked at me, smiled and said "so sorry about that sir, grab another one and we'll swap it out."

They were so nice about it, I got irritated cause I couldn't yell at anyone! In all seriousness though, they were super nice and took care of me. The second spool was wound right but the wire doesn't lay down a bead very well at all. This is the first time I've used Hobart wire. I'll go back to the local welding supply and buy a spool of the same wire I had before and keep the Hobart wire for a backup.

Comment

Here’s the finished product.

Comment

Looks like a Job well done +++

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                            You know how you get into a irritating situation like that and you get all amped up walking into the store, just hoping for a fight? Cause you just know they're going to push back and not want to make it right. You've had the conversation in your head 4 or 5 times and you got a couple good zinggers tucked away in your back pocket.

Well I walked in all bowed up and ready! Walked straight up to the customer service desk, slapped that wire on the counter like I was playing Dominoes and just laid down the winner! The service guy turned around, looked at the wire, looked at me, smiled and said "so sorry about that sir, grab another one and we'll swap it out."

They were so nice about it, I got irritated cause I couldn't yell at anyone! In all seriousness though, they were super nice and took care of me. The second spool was wound right but the wire doesn't lay down a bead very well at all. This is the first time I've used Hobart wire. I'll go back to the local welding supply and buy a spool of the same wire I had before and keep the Hobart wire for a backup.
                            Bed is looking stout!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              Looks like a Job well done +++
                              Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                              Very nice!
                              Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                              Bed is looking stout!
                              Thanks y’all, I appreciate it. Only used it a little bit around the house so far, but already like it way better than the stock bed.

Comment

Are those aftermarket tail lights?

Comment

Working...
                                X