Mule 610 Flat Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule 610 Flat Bed

First off, a tip of the hat to Palmetto for inspiring this build and for his generosity in providing information and answering my questions. Thank you sir, it’s very much appreciated! If you haven’t seen his build yet, look in the DIY section under “Mule Pro flat bed build”, he did a great job.

My mule is only a 2 seater so the construction of this one is not quite as difficult as for the Mule Pro models. My goals for this build were to add some overall bed space while maintaining the dump bed feature. I extended the width and length of the bed 12”. This also allowed me to ditch the plastic rear fenders as the bed extends outside of the tires.

Still to come is the decking, which should happen today or tomorrow. I’ll also incorporate a bumper with new tail/brake lights and maybe a receiver hitch for a road feeder.

Before picture

Removed the sides of the bed for comparison of the original bed space to the new bed space.

Frame work tacked up

Test fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking about this for my Mule SX it needs just a little more room

Comment

Thanks! Glad I could to help.
      Yours looks good so far. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started.

If I could change one thing on my bed, it would be to use flat plate instead of diamond plate. Diamond looks better, but flat plate has more contact area. Therefore things will slide off a diamond plate bet allot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post

If I could change one thing on my bed, it would be to use flat plate instead of diamond plate. Diamond looks better, but flat plate has more contact area. Therefore things will slide off a diamond plate bet allot easier.
        Now you got me thinking again. I bought 16 gauge flat plate when I bought the other material. I was planning to go get 14 gauge diamond plate today cause I thought it would be better. I planned to bed liner whatever material I put down though.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

I used diamond plate as well. I applied a DIY raptor spray liner that helps keep things from sliding. Easy to apply and worth the money!

Comment

Well the decking was getting put on tonight...[emoji22]. So irritating when my lack of planning comes back to bite me!

Comment

Been there a few times myself

Comment

You usually run out when you start a new project!!

Comment

Final test fit went good. Ready to start welding out tomorrow.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Really nice, great work!

Comment

Looks great!
                          Thanks, I was sure wishing I had a hoist last night. It's not overly heavy, but it's so wide it's awkward to pick up and handle with 1 person.

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                          Really nice, great work!
                          Thank you!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

How thick was the metal you used for the frame?

Comment

Working...
                              X