No announcement yet.

Desert Water Guzzler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I put up a station using the above mentioned tractor supply one. The deer found it 2 hours after we drove off. The use was slow at first but has gradually picked up. I didn’t expect to have anything drinking out of it after all the rain we had, but had more pictures this last 2 weeks than we ever had. The best part was the joy from my wife. She was pretty proud of all her hard work and seeing so many different animals at it.

Comment

I always find it amazing that animals can live in that type of terrain. I’m sure they will appreciate the water.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...r?cm_vc=-10011

Got one of these set up near Dell City. Hoping the mule deer and aoudad will start using it.
        I went cheep as float alone from TS. was 1/2 the price. May be looking at that as a backup option.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
          I went cheep as float alone from TS. was 1/2 the price. May be looking at that as a backup option.
          the nice part is it protects the float. Bad part is it's not very big. My brother and I have been debating as to whether they'll snub it for its size. I guess we'll see.

Comment

In for the pics.

Comment

Black bears gonna have fun with that setup.

Comment

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...r?cm_vc=-10011

Got one of these set up near Dell City. Hoping the mule deer and aoudad will start using it.
                this what i use in Arizona.........

Comment

the nice part is it protects the float. Bad part is it's not very big. My brother and I have been debating as to whether they'll snub it for its size. I guess we'll see.
                  I would think any water will bring them in, if its the only water for a good area.
                  I am hoping that it attracts the animals that travel to the creek which is over a mile away.

Bears are know to be out there, my neighbor a few miles away see them routinely (the three legged one), but he is traveling a major wash out of the State park to get a good look at their chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by svbubba View Post
                    this what i use in Arizona.........
                    I've been wanting to build a guzzler on a lot my dad owns in Arizona to see if it would draw any muleys or Coues. Never got around to it though.

Comment

300 Gallon Rotoguzz / Javelina Jacuzzi in Presidio County. Spend once cry once. This particular one was installed in Late June and hasn't run out of water.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                        https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...1&d=1601663977

300 Gallon Rotoguzz / Javelina Jacuzzi in Presidio County. Spend once cry once. This particular one was installed in Late June and hasn't run out of water.
                        Now that something pecosbilly is your place along the river road? Or out buy the hot springs? Or somewhere else.

Comment

Not my place. My cousin leases out there somewhere near Presidio and this is his setup.
                          Last edited by ThePecosBilly; 10-03-2020, 08:19 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

You need to add a ramp out of the water for small animals. If not, you end up with dead rabbits, mice, etc that fall in can’t get out.

TPWD makes little ramps out of expanded metal for their guzzlers.

Comment

Checking to see if you have ever had an opportunity to get back out to your far west grounds and pull the card on the water?

Rwc

Comment

Really cool! Following...

Comment

Working...
                                X