Cabo fishing charter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo fishing charter?

How much should I expect to pay for 2 of us to fish? Heading down in the morning for a week. Wife and I would like to fish and this is our first time there. Any pointers are welcome as well. Thanks.

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post
    How much should I expect to pay for 2 of us to fish? Heading down in the morning for a week. Wife and I would like to fish and this is our first time there. Any pointers are welcome as well. Thanks.

Depends on why you want to do and if you want to charter the whole boat or split it

My wife and I have fished with several outfits but enjoyed our last trip with JC the most
    Cabo San Lucas sportfishing company 20 years experience, family owned with the best fishing teams in Cabo highly respected around the world.

Picante runs good boats/crews too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Also, one thing I’ve learned about chartering boats is to be clear and take the time to tell the captain what you want to do ie chase big fish or go for tuna or roosters or do a little of both.
      They will usually default to the easiest and cheapest (fuel saving) thing to do. I like catching big fish but I also like to bring fish home so I generally tell them I want to go after some tuna early and get some meat in the boat and then look for some sails or marlin.
      If you want to bring fish home just take your catch to griseldas which is located at the marina. They will process and smoke, if you like, them freeze your catch and you can then swing by and pick it up on the way to the airport

Let me know how the fishing is, my wife and I leave Saturday for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        Also, one thing I’ve learned about chartering boats is to be clear and take the time to tell the captain what you want to do ie chase big fish or go for tuna or roosters or do a little of both.
        They will usually default to the easiest and cheapest (fuel saving) thing to do. I like catching big fish but I also like to bring fish home so I generally tell them I want to go after some tuna early and get some meat in the boat and then look for some sails or marlin.
        If you want to bring fish home just take your catch to griseldas which is located at the marina. They will process and smoke, if you like, them freeze your catch and you can then swing by and pick it up on the way to the airport

Let me know how the fishing is, my wife and I leave Saturday for a week.

Thank you for taking the time to break it down. We head back Saturday so I’ll drop you a report.

Comment

Good luck my friends just got back boated 1 boinita in a 5 hour trip...

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            Good luck my friends just got back boated 1 boinita in a 5 hour trip...
            That’s a bad report haha.
            We’ll see if we go and have better luck.
            Thank you.

Comment

That’s a bad report haha.

We’ll see if we go and have better luck.

Thank you.

Yeah sometimes I think that booking through the concierge they give you a charter that just takes you on a boat ride with rod/reels, that’s what they did. I hope you have better luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picante was a very impressive charter for me. I believe it was about 900$ but not certain. Very clean well equipped boat with a great hand. I chartered a cheaper one there before and you get what you pay for. Personally I would not split a boat if you are after big fish. You may only get 1 or 2 hook ups and I would rather catch one than watch someone else.
                Good luck!

Comment

I chartered a boat with Pisces fishing charter for $2,000 or so. We caught 6 marlin and boated 4. Others did the quick fish thing for $500 and caught some dolphin trolling. RedRum was another charter I looked at.

Comment

I want to say with redrum the prices listed was the prices paid whether you had the limit on the boat or 1 person.

I was happy with redrum before and after our trip

Comment

Headed down myself in couple weeks
                      Going to be using landsend charter whom we have used before landing sailfish
                      I want to do a couple trips out just going to depend on weather for me as getting sea sick is no good
                      Picante did us wrong on our trip with them
                      Diesel boat leaking exhaust fumes smoke in the boat along with huge freakin swells. Didn’t even try to make it right due to the diesel smoke
                      Live and learn I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X