Lake Conroe Boat Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Conroe Boat Launch

Even though we’ve lived in the area for a while, we don’t make it to the lake much. Where does everyone recommend to launch a boat on the south side of the lake that won’t cost a fortune in launch fees? I have a friend headed into town who is wanting to take his jet skis out for the afternoon and is asking for recommendations. Thanks!

Don't quote me on this...but I believe there is a public boat ramp at the end of Fm830 that is free.

I've only been there one time, years ago

Comment

What you search for doesn't exist. All the launches on the south side I know of are 15-20 bucks. And Ive heard bad things about the public off 830. IE: car burglaries, vandalism etc.

Pay the 20, scoot around with the other 10,000 jet skis and come back and watch the boat ramp shenanigans.

Comment

We never launch at the South end. Always at the end of 830(middle area)which is free but gets busy. It's a nice ramp though. Scotts ridge on 1097 which is $5.00 or Stowaway off of Calvary rd. It is $10.00 there. I have heard April Sound is nice and like $10.00 also but never launched there. It is on the south end.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          What you search for doesn't exist. All the launches on the south side I know of are 15-20 bucks. And Ive heard bad things about the public off 830
          We typically launch there and have been for years. Never had a problem. It is very busy though.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            We typically launch there and have been for years. Never had a problem. It is very busy though.

Ive heard way more bad than good. Its enough to keep me away. Not to mention its not convenient for me at all. I launched at april sound once last year and it was 20

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Ive heard way more bad than good. Its enough to keep me away. Not to mention its not convenient for me at all. I launched at april sound once last year and it was 20
              I wasn't sure how much it was. I launched at stowaway 2 weeks ago and it was $10. I like it pretty good. Its protected from the wind and plenty of parking. Nice place too.

Comment

I launched from 830 last month and didn't have a problem until we came in at 1:00pm and there must have been 50 boats wanting to get in the water and 50 trying to get out.....these folks don't have a clue...no one could get out due to trucks with boats blocking the entrance and no one could get in due to boats trying to get out waiting on there trailers....a complete mess....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                  I launched from 830 last month and didn't have a problem until we came in at 1:00pm and there must have been 50 boats wanting to get in the water and 50 trying to get out.....these folks don't have a clue...no one could get out due to trucks with boats blocking the entrance and no one could get in due to boats trying to get out waiting on there trailers....a complete mess....
                  How motivating!! This really makes me want to go to Conroe....NOT!!!

Comment

We use Stowaway. It's a nice ramp, they have a good store with suppies and bait, and besides the weekends, the ramp isn't too crowded. You'll have one every now and then that don't know what they're doing, but that makes for good entertainment...

Comment

I have used 2 ramps extensively, South End is Lakeview and it is nice and well run. North end is StowAway.

After all I have heard and seen over the years I wouldn't launch at 830 if they were giving away free cases of beer at the launch!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I have used 2 ramps extensively, South End is Lakeview and it is nice and well run. North end is StowAway.

After all I have heard and seen over the years I wouldn't launch at 830 if they were giving away free cases of beer at the launch!
                        I don't live in the area any more but he is right. That place is a zoo. We quit launching there because all trashy families from Conroe and Willis would come let their kids swim amongst the launching and receiving boats. I was so scared that I was going to hit a kid with my propeller I quit using it years before we moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                          Good reason to go back and fish some more.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X