No announcement yet.

Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a dog on him and put the dog on a leash so it isn't chasing and is tracking. The buzzards will be on it if its dead. I would take my chances with the tracking dog as they are able to pick up scent and a deer shot in the guts is usually easy for a dog to find as they put out lots of scent.

Comment

No buck left behind !

I feel your pain. Happened to me last year and I never found him. Its still a crappy feeling....... KEEP LOOKING !

Comment

Keep coming back looking for the LDP's...keep at it, he's gotta be round there somewhere.

Comment

Go to where u last had blood n follow the deer trail, he will probably crash where it I's thick n where he feels safe.

Look for blood high off grass, brush, ect..

But the best thing I's to do a grid search where u last had blood splatter n think if I was a deer where would I go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by jetlag887 View Post
            Good luck. Take your dog for a walk, it's a nice day for a stroll.
            Very risky with this much publicity. Some of you guys need to study up on what can be lost / cost by getting caught tracking with a dog.

It is more than "just a ticket"

I say that with MUCH aggravation as I am likely the closest to him with a blood dog and would LOVE to go find thus buck!

Good luck, stay with it, write your congressman...
            Last edited by bboswell; 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
              Well I decided to take a little break because I have 2 people on the way to come help, We are going to do a grid search. Thats the only hope left, I only found a little blood since 7 a.m. If we dont find him I at least hope hes alive hes a main frame 10 I would guess would score 145 to 150. If we dont find him the buzzards will and ill find the buzzards.

Well this is LAST blood found after 4 hours of searching...Disapointment.

Here is the arrow it went all the way through but didnt fall out for awhile.
              Last spot of blood looks like it is partly wet, should be dry after all night & mid morning, deer was possibly still alive at daylight.

Comment

TalonErickson7, are you Brandy Erickson little brother? That lives in Cypress Point???

Comment

Just talked to Brandy she said it was you. I've been friends with your sister and most of the Lagrone family for years. Good luck buddy!! lemme know if ya'll need help.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Would you think buzzards would have already found him?

A few years ago I shot deer, saw him go down, waited 20 minutes, looked at him/ tagged him. Went to camp to get four wheeler, after total of about one hr, returned to deer jumping buzzards off of him. Seems like every picture of that deer was from the left side as his right eyeball had become buzzard candy. It doesn't take them long.

Comment

Ya that buck is dead. He's in there man. Don't give up

Comment

We need an update!

Comment

^^^This!!!!!^^^^^
                          Good Luck man!

Comment

Since you got help, have someone walk perimeter fence and look for blood on wires.

Comment

Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Hoping for good news

Comment

Working...
                                X