Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinoff: Most showers in a day and coldest shower taken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinoff: Most showers in a day and coldest shower taken.

For me the coldest shower was on a hunt on Ossabaw Island WMA in December one year.

It was cold that year(high 20's low 30's) and the DNR had put a shower house up at the camp. No hot water. I don't know the water temp, but it was ice cold. Shrinkage was real. I took one shower in the middle of the 4 day hunt.

Most showers in a day would be when I worked in the hood in Atlanta on Engine 16.

We fought a lot of fire. In the summer I would wear shorts and a t-shirt under my gear because I only kept a couple spare uniforms at the firehouse.

Probably took 5-6 showers on a busy day. Had several 4 & 5 structure fire days.

Colorado elk hunt at 10K feet and public hunt at Matador WMA, both in the 30s with 20-30 mph winds.

Comment

Jumping into a beaver pond in NW Colorado in Sept. It was cold but the beaver pond gave an instant severe headache!

Comment

Coldest was Olympic National Forrest in a river in May.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

How about longest without a shower?!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            How about longest without a shower?!
            There's a thread for that

Comment

I got a 15 year old nephew that showers so much he can run his neighborhood out of water in an evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                I got a 15 year old nephew that showers so much he can run his neighborhood out of water in an evening.
                Hint: he ain't showering.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                  Hint: he ain't showering.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                  You wanna clean the soda off my screen?

Comment

It wasn't a shower, but, I was on a drop camp hunt in Alaska in September. I went down to the lake to take a bath. I stripped down and jumped in. That lake was glacier fed! The water temperature was somewhere between ice and d*** cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                      That boys gonna go blind.

Comment

Igloo water jug hanging from a tree in January at about 18 degrees !
                        Still won’t go without a shower, gotta keep clean to feel good.
                        It was the shortest showers I’ve ever taken.

Comment

For some, have you ever stood on ice in Korea and turned on the shower without warm water? Dang that was cold. 1966 on Osan AB.

Comment

Mountain Warfare Training Center in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Last platoon in from a 7 day training exercise in the snow. Couldn't wait to hit the hot showers. All hot water was gone. If someone flushed a toilet it would get a little warmer. We took turns flushing.

Comment

Northern Saskatchewan bear hunt in June. The guy claimed he had hot water for showers. Fly in camp. He had a pump running from the river to a portable shower but no propane. River water had to be 36-38 degrees. Made it 7 days and decided i needed a shower. That water sucked the air right out of me. Holy smokes was it cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X