Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
    Freeman Toyota is the best.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Evening all. Have a 2016 Tacoma and have been considering a few accessories. was playing with idea of throwing a camper shell on it - any recommended styles/ brands, new vs used? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
        Thinking about a Tundra (have owned several Tacos). My budget points toward a truck in the 85,000-100,000 mile range. Would you Tundra owners have any concerns about dropping $20,000-23,000 on a Tundra in that range?
        Nope. not one bit. Just make sure if it's a 2014-2020 model, that the fuel pump has been replaced on the recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
          This was such a mistake by Toyota. Kills me they did this. My 2012 4.0 is chipped and really runs hard.
          What is this chip that you speak of?

Comment

There are many “programmers”, or chips as we use to call them, on the market.

All it does is reprogram your trucks computer to have higher performance: better transmission to RPM management of the engine.

Here’s what I used, again, many options out there.

Stage 2 Performance Chip Module OBD2 For Toyota 4-Runner 86 Avalon C-HR Camry Celica Corolla Corona Cressida Echo FJ-Cruiser Highlander Hilux IQ Land-Cruiser Levin Matrix Mirai MR2 MRS Paseo Pickup Previa Prius Rav4 Scion Sequoia Sienna Solara Starlet Supra T100 Tacoma Tercel Tundra Venza Yaris

Comment

Well fellas. Leaving the toyota life for now! Needed to get rid of my car note for a while. So picked up this monster cash!
              Should be a fun rig! I'll still follow because I love the toyotas!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My ‘18 TRD Pro Runner got a few Christmas presents. They’re starting to trickle in— I’ll post up pics after install.

Gobi Rack & ladder
                Extreme LED 40” bar up front & 2 12” rears
                C4 Fab Low Pro bumper w/30” LED bar
                Dobinson 12k w/synthetic line
                Low Range Off Road 3” lift
                BFG All Terrain TA KO2 285/70r17
                Victory 4x4 full interior RMP rig out
                Victory interior cargo basket

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Well fellas. Leaving the toyota life for now! Needed to get rid of my car note for a while. So picked up this monster cash!
                  Should be a fun rig! I'll still follow because I love the toyotas!

Can I go Predator hunting with you... traitor! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    Can I go Predator hunting with you... traitor! Haha
                    Haha! I need to find more properties and time!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Haha! I need to find more properties and time!

Tell you what though. 6.2 V8, 6 speed, air ride.... This things a beast.

Comment

I had an LTZ Silverado with the 6.2, but 8-Speed.

Hauling but it was a beast. But idling, slowly accelerating in traffic, the transmission would give you whiplash shifting gears. I got so tired of it, I now have a slug of a Tundra.
                        Almost had the wife convinced I needed to Super Charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          I had an LTZ Silverado with the 6.2, but 8-Speed.

Hauling but it was a beast. But idling, slowly accelerating in traffic, the transmission would give you whiplash shifting gears. I got so tired of it, I now have a slug of a Tundra.
                          Almost had the wife convinced I needed to Super Charge it.
                          Compared to the 4runner on 10 ply 33" tires for the last 3 years it feels like a race car! And so much room.

Comment

Added a swing box for a little storage in the bed

Should be enough room for a few basic tools, jumper cables, tow strap, flash light and some ratchet straps. Doesn’t affect the bed cover at all still swings out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I added some storage to mine too. A Roam Adventure Co 95L box. This thing is air and water tight, with two gas struts on the lid. Super nice!

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                                Added a swing box for a little storage in the bed

Should be enough room for a few basic tools, jumper cables, tow strap, flash light and some ratchet straps. Doesn’t affect the bed cover at all still swings out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just be careful not to put too much weight in them. The box can crack at the bracket mount if they’re overloaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X