No announcement yet.

Linear actuator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varmint proof your deer feeder today, the inexpensive way. Turn your feeder into a corn bank and stop wasting corn.

I have one of these on a feeder I use as a ghost feeder. It works great! Been running it since September.

Comment

Varmint proof your deer feeder today, the inexpensive way. Turn your feeder into a corn bank and stop wasting corn.

I have one of these on a feeder I use as a ghost feeder. It works great! Been running it since September.

Comment

Just get a hammer and be done. They have take. The guess work out of it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
          It does, yes. I’m not wanting to regulate protein feed. Your appears to be a welded unit (at least from what I could see). I’m wanting to build my own “quiet” deer feeder that I can winch up into a tree to simulate “hand” corning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Protein/corn same thing, you can open it to let it pour corn out as long as you want to get the amount of corn you want and it will close with really no noise involved

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            https://www.thecornbank.com/

This looks like it would do exactly what you’re after. Just set it in the bottom of the barrel and hook to a timer with no spinner motor, just open hole. Will dump out corn for as long as you want it to.

$80 is pretty cheap too. Will still need a battery and timer, but you would need that anyway with what you’re trying to design.

Comment

The corn bank is an interesting idea.

Comment

You can waste a lot of time, energy, and corn, trying to figure out how to do what the ghost feeder already does.

Comment

I would think the old school dump feeder is gonna be your best bet. They are quiet and easy to regulate the amount of corn you want to put out. ** Only problem is finding dump feeders, I just spent about 20 minutes online trying to find one, but I dont guess anyone makes them anymore **
                  Last edited by texan16; 01-15-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X