No announcement yet.

Raises and bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got word that we’re getting a 2% lump sum just before Christmas. It’s not much but with everything going on this year I was surprised to hear we’re still getting it.

Comment

I got a promotion and serious raise. Company did well this year, Covid notwithstanding, so most everyone got raises. Don't do bonuses...never worked for a company that gave bonuses to non-management.

Comment

I'm getting a ham.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          I'm getting a ham.
          Lol, better than the Chorizo

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            I work for the state. We haven't had a cost of living raise in 8 years, and we don't give bonuses.
            The state people I have worked with getting arbor day , valentines day, st patricks day and anything else you can think of off I dont see the need for raises. Must be nice to have a handful of paid holidays off every month

Comment

Not expecting anything this year. Just glad to still be working.

Too many people have been laid off and revenues are waaay down.

Would not make sense for our company to do this at this time.

Next year? We will see....all depends on January 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I distributed bonuses about July when half the country was looking for an excuse not to go to work, and my people had never missed a day. Hopefully I can do something more for them before Christmas.
                There was a lot of that (looking for an excuse) we haven’t missed a lick but some employees were trying to get us shut down I think they were praying to get covid
                They are no longer with us

Comment

It's been a year for sure. Very blessed to be where I am now with a decent salary and commission plan. Earned a significant 2019 bonus that was cancelled in March/April but then paid at 25% in September. Very thankful for that getting done. We have endured 3 sessions of layoffs and those that were not able to work productively from home were some of the first ones laid off. I have been very busy during Covid with a lot of work taking place. Again, very thankful.

Comment

We don't do bonuses but raises were in the 3% range across the project. We all know how fortunate we are to be working, from home, at that.

Comment

Company always paid for very good insurance for me, next year they are paying half for wife and kid so i consider that a raise. We have always got very nice bonuses but its never mentioned and i dont know what the structure of them is, they are handed out at lunch on the 23rd. I obviously hope to get one but if not thats just part of it, they treat me well with tons of flexibility.

Comment

Alot of folks around the Houston area are getting a negative 100 percent raise. No bonus either.

Comment

Back in June we had raises frozen and 401K match stopped. Supposed to go back to normal in January. We get our bonuses in the spring so we got one last year from 2019, no announcements about 2020 on that so far.

Comment

I changed careers and am making about 60% less than my old job.. That said In 5 years Ill be making more than my old job..And it is a much more stable career with fantastic benefits..
                            Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 12-11-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

My boss told me I get what I signed up for, period. Nothing more. Mediocrity pays the same as stellar performance... really motivating.

Comment

I lost my consulting job up in the northeast in March. I went to work at Fischer's in Muenster until September. I was blessed with another consulting job in Midland. I pray the oilfield holds out.

Comment

Working...
                                X