20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
    Been skunked every hunt but one. Need to get my pup on some birds. If anyone has a open spot let me know, I would be glad just to work my pup.
    Where you located?

Comment

About 1/2 way between Huntsville and Bryan
      Last edited by jhunter77; 11-28-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

One heck of a hunt this morning! Ducks were slow but got a good one. Then went and stalked squirrels.

Man I love getting to let the 17 eat! I dont care how old I get chasing squirrels is a blast! Good eating and sending my first texas woody to the taxi!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Great looking senior dog! Mine will be 13 in January. She stayed home today. She gets a little excited. And I'm afraid she's gonna hurt her self. She has hurt her self when playing in the back yard. She's most likely the last dog I'm gonna have.

Nother mixed bag this morning from Big Open Water. If I was after teal, I would have been done in 20 minutes. Had over 100 teal in the spread during that time. But took a few out a little later. Over 130 teal in the spread total for the morning.
          I love teal! We should be friends. I haven't learned the new spots yet.

Comment

It was a hard, wet hunt. Only about 3 birds did good, the rest were flyby or sky busting. Nephew's first real hunt and he hasn't stopped talking about it. He was able to call and shoot his own bird as well as call one in for me to take. Guide was a wealth of info and put him down the right track and gave great advice. I was only alonng for the ride

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              One heck of a hunt this morning! Ducks were slow but got a good one. Then went and stalked squirrels.

Man I love getting to let the 17 eat! I dont care how old I get chasing squirrels is a blast! Good eating and sending my first texas woody to the taxi!

Been there done that. My dog looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I sent her on a squirrel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Been there done that. My dog looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I sent her on a squirrel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Haha. Mines been fetching and baying squirrels for years.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  It was a hard, wet hunt. Only about 3 birds did good, the rest were flyby or sky busting. Nephew's first real hunt and he hasn't stopped talking about it. He was able to call and shoot his own bird as well as call one in for me to take. Guide was a wealth of info and put him down the right track and gave great advice. I was only alonng for the ride

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sitting at the lease tank. Didn't have time to properly scout it and took an old timer's advice on where to set up. I just realized, he knows nothing about duck hunting lol
                      Took 2 shovelers and a stud bluebill as I was moving to the other side. Hope those ducks I spooked out return

Last edited by gatorgar; 11-29-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hammered them yesterday and got our 5 man had a lizard in the pond and had to make sure it wasn’t to big. This morning is slow up north. 6 between 3 of us so far.

Last edited by 150class; 11-29-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Got a 4 man to end first season

Comment

Finished out with 2 squab, bluewing 2 spoonie and the bluebill.
                            Also pulled a 1 shot 2 kills. Good end to the split

Comment

Finished out with 2 squab, bluewing 2 spoonie and the bluebill.
                              Also pulled a 1 shot 2 kills. Good end to the split

Congratulations

Comment

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Ended up with 3 teal this morning. If I could shoot better it would have been 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X