Has anyone lost a lease by posting pictures of deer on the web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
    I'm sure it happens. I haven't had it happen to me, but I know of a guy that posted a pick of a deer he killed. This was a monster. Game warden showed up a few days later and took it from him. The deer had been on a high fence property about a mile away. He had a mess on his hands trying to prove that the deer was killed on his property and not poached.
    I'm no expert. But, I do enforce the law for a living and am pretty sure it's still "innocent until proven guilty", not the other way around. Sounds like you buddy got boned unless there's more to the story that he maybe didn't tell you.

Comment

Yes. Lost a great lease in Mexico with 200 inch deer back in the late 80's to **** Idol
      Lease price goes up when you start growing big deer so be careful what you share with the guy your leasing from. I've seen it happen more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by antlercollector View Post
        i just thought i would post a tc pic of the absolute best buck i have on my lease. Thanks for looking.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
        lol.

Comment

It happens a lot...Ours goes up most every year anyway. Good or bad year!

Comment

I know it happens but dang there is really nothing you can do about. It happened way before social media came about to . But really if you ever are trying to lease a place out people want pictures of deer that came off of the place are that might still be on it . What’s a guy to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              I think there are several good instances listed here to disprove the paranoia theory. My father-in-law quit hunting 20+ years ago after several leases where he would get a place, improve it, be selective on what was shot, start seeing the fruits of his efforts, and have the place triple in lease dues. The last straw for him was getting the call to remove his stuff without even being offered to match the price on the last lease. Said it wasn’t worth all the work he was putting in to not benefit from it, and went to strictly quail hunting. Paranoia isn’t paranoia if you have had it happen to you or someone you know
              Very True. Excellent example

Comment

Lost an awesome lease in Mexico after we cultivated it for a decade. Landowner saw the quality bucks we were staying to harvest and price tripled the following season.
                It happens quite often

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                  I honestly wanted to know how frequent it happens. I know it happens

This is the first lease I got on and have been on for 15 years. I have heard that people have offered the landowner more previously. But he knew we didnt' mess up the place.

THe comments are noted and will exercise more caution in the future.
                  It happened before social media too.
                  A guy on our lease killed an unusually big deer for the Dublin area,30 yrs ago.Got his picture took at the diamond shamrock in town.Showed it off to some locals,etc.Landowner seen it,recognized his face(name was at the bottom of the Polaroid pic) Lease went from $500,to $750 the next year.Didn't even see a buck the next year lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad that this happens. I used to love seeing the trail cam pics as well as the ldp on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Happened to a friend of mine who had 14K acres leased for almost 30 years. He won the then Cotulla Big Deer contest, Las Cazadores contest and the owner informed his group that some doctors out of Dallas had offered him much more money per year for the place. My friend and his guys said they would match whatever the doctors were paying but he had already accepted the deal.

They had built a lodge and done all kinds of improvements to the property. He was so sick about it he almost stopped hunting.
                      Ouch

Comment

it happened to me once , now I give false locations when asked . gets pretty funny responces

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          I thought your place has the anthrax

This is probably the last one left alive. Nothing else to see here

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                            it happened to me once , now I give false locations when asked . gets pretty funny responces

Lol yeah. I don’t hardly even give the right counties anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad a pass time has come to this. This type of thing is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to moving back to Alaska. Everything here seems to be a competition and a rat race.

Comment

I typically just focus on not killing big deer so that way I don't have to worry about it Who wants to kill big deer anyways you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X