Bow backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow backing

The idea of getting snake skins as backing to one of my bows has been coming and going all year.
    It will be for my first real bow. A Bob Lee hunter that I accuired used somewhere in the classifieds. It has the normal all brown glass limbs, and can use an overhaul.
    Ive gone through a few bows after that one but its still special to me and I think I will be keeping it forever. Maybe some day pass it down to my boys.
    Its not my primary bow anymore. But still gets to play once in awhile.
    It will be my first choice at a 3d shoot.
    Back to the backing...
    Any pointer on who can do this.?
    I remember a bow hospital guy for some other stuff. But not sure he can do this.

I assume you saw Rick's thread and don't want to go that route?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want the app salute best looking REAL SKINS, look no further then Bob Morrison, of Morrison Archery. I've had him do a few( Cain brake, 2 copper heads) and they are gorgeous and perfect. Seriously I've seen a lot others work, and it's not close. If your going with a peel and stick type, or sticker type, do it your self, there's not a lot to those.
      Last edited by critter69; 08-24-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

It is really easy to do yourself. You have to buy skins of course, but it is easy. I have done several. Here are a couple of how to links:

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I assume you saw Rick's thread and don't want to go that route?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          I think I did awhile back. And his bow turned out pretty dang good.
          But I don't think im nearly skilled as Mr Barbee. Don't want to screw it up.

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          If you want the app salute best looking REAL SKINS, look no further then Bob Morrison, of Morrison Archery. I've had him do a few( Cain brake, 2 copper heads) and they are gorgeous and perfect. Seriously I've seen a lot others work, and it's not close. If your going with a peel and stick type, or sticker type, do it your self, there's not a lot to those.
          A friend of mine has a Morrison recurve with copper heads. Does look good too. I didn't think Morrison archery took in other bows other than theirs. Let me look into that too.

Comment

Hg
            Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
            I think I did awhile back. And his bow turned out pretty dang good.
            But I don't think im nearly skilled as Mr Barbee. Don't want to screw it up.

A friend of mine has a Morrison recurve with copper heads. Does look good too. I didn't think Morrison archery took in other bows other than theirs. Let me look into that too.
            My bows have all been morrisons, but I've had a few friends that said he did theirs, and they were not Morrison bows. So I believe he does but not positive. Would like to see picks before and after, how ever you do it.

Comment

Bob Morrison 740/334-0647

Bob is the best. He recently told me that he has some skins but does not plan to get more. Tell him I said hi

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                Bob Morrison 740/334-0647

Bob is the best. He recently told me that he has some skins but does not plan to get more. Tell him I said hi
                Thanks brother!

Comment

Working...
                X