Suppressor ready hunting rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy subsonic rounds for the creed
    If you are shooting subsonic your shots will be limited to 100-150 yards unless you want to point it at the moon to compensate for the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      308 and can shoot sub sonic rounds, other wise I really dont see the point in a suppressor.
      I'm going to primarily shoot supersonic rounds, especially for hunting. Most subsonic rounds that I've seen don't have the performance at low velocities.

The suppressor is to protect what little is left of my hearing without having to carry and put on ear muffs every time I want to shoot. Sure it is still sort of loud with supersonic rounds, but much more manageable than a standard barrel.

Comment

I need to hook you up with my buddy who reloads, his thing is sub sonic 308 rounds.

Hear ya on the hearing loss, its shocking how loud a super still is...movies killed it for me!

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
        I'm going to primarily shoot supersonic rounds, especially for hunting. Most subsonic rounds that I've seen don't have the performance at low velocities.

The suppressor is to protect what little is left of my hearing without having to carry and put on ear muffs every time I want to shoot. Sure it is still sort of loud with supersonic rounds, but much more manageable than a standard barrel.

Comment

For about $150 more ($650) you can get a DPMS LR 308. Its a 308win ar style rifle. I have one for suppressed hunting and really like it for short to medium range hunting. It will shoot about 1 moa with match ammo or good quality hunting ammo. The only upgrade mine has is a match trigger.

Comment

A suppressed rifle is significantly quieter, even with supers. Its not silent, far from it. But hearing protection is not necessary. Well worth it.

I never rifle hunt without it. It goes on my LR 308 and my Rem 700 Mil Spec 300 win mag. Any future high powered rifles I buy will all be threaded for the suppressor adaptor.

Comment

Personally I'd go used over a Rugar American. I had a long action in 30.06 and it was very finicky and didn't feed reliably at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Personally I'd go used over a Rugar American. I had a long action in 30.06 and it was very finicky and didn't feed reliably at all.

I wouldn’t be against a used rifle, but I just feel like finding something to fit what I’m looking for without breaking the bank would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Love my RAP in 6.5MB.

Comment

If you can spend a little more you can get into a Tikka CTR.
                    They are GREAT rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      For about $150 more ($650) you can get a DPMS LR 308. Its a 308win ar style rifle.
                      Yeah but then he'll need a gym membership in order to lug that fat mama all over the place.

If you give a mouse a cookie . . . .

Comment

Ruger American is a great gun for the price. But, you can always just buy a gun you want and send to Class 3 Machining and get it threaded for around $85.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Yeah but then he'll need a gym membership in order to lug that fat mama all over the place.

If you give a mouse a cookie . . . .
                          It’s definitely heavy! But the walk from my parking spot to my stand isn’t too bad with it.

Comment

I shoot my 6.5 with a can and its really nice reduction wise , over not being suppressed . I will take the can on the rig all day long .

i had a 308 DPMS accurate yes but a very un balanced rig way too heavy , try shooting off hand with it ha ha better have a large target .

I love my Christian arms modern rifle super light weight .

Comment

Quick question. I have a suppressor for a 22-250. Can I use the same suppressor on a 223 or 243?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Quick question. I have a suppressor for a 22-250. Can I use the same suppressor on a 223 or 243?
                                Depends what it is rated for. Mine is rated for any jacketed bullet .30 cal diameter or smaller, regardless of case size.

Ask the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                                X