GhostBlind angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GhostBlind angle?

Can someone with a GhostBlind tell me what angle the mirror is to the ground?

I had one for several years. Threw it away a couple months ago bc it’s was old and coming apart. I don’t know the exact angle but I’d say it was in the 15-20 degree range. Maybe less or more. The angle would always depend on where I setting it up. Sometimes the ground would make it lean more than usual

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      I had one for several years. Threw it away a couple months ago bc it’s was old and coming apart. I don’t know the exact angle but I’d say it was in the 15-20 degree range. Maybe less or more. The angle would always depend on where I setting it up. Sometimes the ground would make it lean more than usual
      In your opinion which was better more angle or less? Or was there no real difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
        In your opinion which was better more angle or less? Or was there no real difference?
        More angle was better IMO because it reflected more of the ground and surroundings.. I did notice the more straight up you have it, more glare and light would reflect off. Animals were suspicious of it when in front of me but never ran off, would look for a while them go about their business. I would get another in a heartbeat.

Comment

On YouTube, search for ghost blind or reflective deer blind build. There are a couple great tutorials.

Comment

It's angled enough that a critter would have to be about 3 yards or closer to it to see its reflection. That's if you follow their instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
              On YouTube, search for ghost blind or reflective deer blind build. There are a couple great tutorials.
              I’ve seen those, I’m going to try and make a larger 2 panel version. A little taller and each panel will be about 30” wide.

Comment

double post
                Last edited by Sideler; 12-16-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I'd guess around 15-20% also. I personally feel like it's not enough when I'm hunting in it. I've had deer and hogs at 15 yards that didn't have a problem with the blind though.

Comment

Where are you getting the reflective material?

Comment

Thanks. That's a good price.

Comment

That's MILES cheaper than when I looked into it a few years ago....i actually still have the insulation board I bought to build the things....

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                          X2

Comment

I like my ghost blind, but would prefer 360 degree coverage. I think I will try to make one out of coroplast and the mylar

Comment

Working...
                            X