Rice Bran Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice Bran Test

I did some product testing to form my own opinion on rice bran. What are y'alls thoughts?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ttt

Comment

Cool video. I used rice bran a lot when I still had my place just out of Lampasas. I have not used it on my new lease between Comfort and Kerrville yet but in Lampasas, we had the exact opposite of what your video showed. The coons would not go near it at all and the doe were ok with it and would eat it at times but sometimes not......The bucks though....they came out of the woodwork to get this stuff. They would ignore the corn and ignore the protein feeder as well, they simply preferred the rice bran. I cannot say whether it ATTRACTED them or not but I can tell you they loved it. I even have pics somewhere that shows the buck laying down in the feed pen, in the pile of rice bran and eating it while they were laying in it.

I used plain rice bran and the peanut-butter flavored rice bran. They loved both and did not seem to prefer one flavor to the other

Comment

Rice Bran Test

We have put it out a couple times, and the deer only touched it because they walked through it. Not wasting my money on that or molasses power again.
        Last time we used a 50# bag it was still there for 6 weeks until we left and hand corn was replaced every few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had great luck with rice bran powder late season! End of year I always put a few piles and cams out to see what bucks have made it through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
            Cool video. I used rice bran a lot when I still had my place just out of Lampasas. I have not used it on my new lease between Comfort and Kerrville yet but in Lampasas, we had the exact opposite of what your video showed. The coons would not go near it at all and the doe were ok with it and would eat it at times but sometimes not......The bucks though....they came out of the woodwork to get this stuff. They would ignore the corn and ignore the protein feeder as well, they simply preferred the rice bran. I cannot say whether it ATTRACTED them or not but I can tell you they loved it. I even have pics somewhere that shows the buck laying down in the feed pen, in the pile of rice bran and eating it while they were laying in it.

I used plain rice bran and the peanut-butter flavored rice bran. They loved both and did not seem to prefer one flavor to the other
            Yeah it probably doesn't attract them. But if they like it and its cheap. Why not use it!

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M"]60% of the time, it works every time.... - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Joking aside I have had very good luck using Rice Bran in conjunction with my Fortress Timed Rice Bran feeder.

Being that I'm 5 hours from our place the timed feeder is the only effective way I can actually hunt over RB.

My animals get spooky whenever something is out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                  Joking aside I have had very good luck using Rice Bran in conjunction with my Fortress Timed Rice Bran feeder.

Being that I'm 5 hours from our place the timed feeder is the only effective way I can actually hunt over RB.

My animals get spooky whenever something is out of the ordinary.
                  I will have to look into this feeder!

Comment

Does anybody have experience with one of these?

Comment

I have only poured on the ground and the bucks love it in Grayson Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                        I have only poured on the ground and the bucks love it in Grayson Co.
                        Unfortunately my lease is 3 hrs from my house so I can't keep it out consistently with out some kind of feeder.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

if you are going to tout it as attracting deer, I think you'd have to get it away from other feed sources to show that deer will actually seek it out in your area. Eating it bc it happens to already be in the area with corn and maybe even putting their nose it in bc they are trying to root out the corn that got thrown on top of it is not conclusive IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              if you are going to tout it as attracting deer, I think you'd have to get it away from other feed sources to show that deer will actually seek it out in your area. Eating it bc it happens to already be in the area with corn and maybe even putting their nose it in bc they are trying to root out the corn that got thrown on top of it is not conclusive IMHO.
                              I realize that the title has the word attract in it but I guess you didn't watch the whole video because I addressed that in the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X