No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another .5" this morning and about to get hit again. It is too wet to do anything down there but certainly happy for all the rain we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Another .5" this morning and about to get hit again. It is too wet to do anything down there but certainly happy for all the rain we can get.
      Awesome news! Hopefully all this rain will equal good antler growth and a good fawn crop.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        Awesome news! Hopefully all this rain will equal good antler growth and a good fawn crop.
        You are going to be spoiled! You have no idea how dry it can get down there. Enjoy it while we have it.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          2.5" for us in Tilden!

We are somewhere around 13" for the year so far. Looks like a good chance of more this week.
          Yes indeed, we were just talking this morning about how the rains here around Tilden have been coming nice and steady spread out and this week its prolly gonna get hit everyday right through next Monday.

Comment

We got a 1/2” this morning below Catarina. We keep missing out on the good soaking rain. Hopefully we get more this week but a lot of it dodged our place this morning[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

a bit over 2" on friday morning, and based on the radar, I'd guess another 1-2" today west of hebbronville.

Comment

Went to the ranch this past weekend, looking great down south. Ranch was green and cactus in bloom, pretty picture. Roads weren't wet at all but we did have grass growing like crazy. NE Webb County between Freer and Bruni off 2050.

Comment

I think we are at 15" total for the year. It gets hot and dry down there in a hurry though. For the most part we are on pace for a great year if we can get a little more scattered in from now through August. Some of the bucks are not doing much antler wise, but a few are pushing out big time!

Comment

This was last weekend. Looks like a park out there in a lot of the pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      This was last weekend. Looks like a park out there in a lot of the pastures.

Lookin good!

Just made the 8.5 hr drive to my second home.

Listening to some Cody Jinks having a beer and unwinding from the drive. Gonna fill some feeders tomorrow, check the cameras and jump in a blind in the late afternoon. Got a dozer down here doing some work clearing the roads on the back of the ranch so probably won’t see too much. My brother is showing up tomorrow with his boat so we will probably hit Baffin Bay at some point this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What weed is this? White flower-yellow center? Is it young broomweed?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Got everything done and head back today. Ranch looked great but the water holes are starting to dry up a little bit so we could use some good rain. Saw lots of deer with a little antler growth, it’s going to be fun watching them grow the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            Got everything done and head back today. Ranch looked great but the water holes are starting to dry up a little bit so we could use some good rain. Saw lots of deer with a little antler growth, it’s going to be fun watching them grow the next few months.

Good news, I’m ready to see those antlers start growing.

We are headed south next weekend to do a little work at the ranch and continue to learn the place.

The owner said the deer are really starting to hit the protein.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              Good news, I’m ready to see those antlers start growing.

We are headed south next weekend to do a little work at the ranch and continue to learn the place.

The owner said the deer are really starting to hit the protein.

They are hammering the cottonseed baskets and antlers are about ear length

Little fella I got a pic of a short while ago

Comment

Originally posted by hbender1 View Post
                                What weed is this? White flower-yellow center? Is it young broomweed?
                                Not sure but I don't think it is broomweed. Could be wrong but don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X