Boyd’s At-One on a Tikka T3X Lite Stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyd’s At-One on a Tikka T3X Lite Stainless

Got one ordered and just received the shipping confirmation. Should be in late next week. Anyone put one on a Tikka and have any fitting issues? I’ll get some pics once I get it in and installed. Got it in walnut.

I have mounted a couple of Tikkas in Boyd’s stocks for my brother but they weren’t the At One. Both stocks had inlet issues on the bottom metal. Nothing that couldn’t be solved with a bit of sand paper but my experience was that the inletting done by Boyd’s wasn’t as precise as what I have experienced with Manners or McMillan. The stocks were also a fraction of the cost of a Manners or a McMillan so there’s that. The Boyd’s stocks function fine after some fitting work.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
      I have mounted a couple of Tikkas in Boyd’s stocks for my brother but they weren’t the At One. Both stocks had inlet issues on the bottom metal. Nothing that couldn’t be solved with a bit of sand paper but my experience was that the inletting done by Boyd’s wasn’t as precise as what I have experienced with Manners or McMillan. The stocks were also a fraction of the cost of a Manners or a McMillan so there’s that. The Boyd’s stocks function fine after some fitting work.
      Thanks for the reply. I heard that most Boyd’s need a little fitting to be done. Are any of yours bedded?

Comment

A little sanding for sure. You can bed it easily enough yourself. It'll be a nice rig.

Comment

I would suggest bedding. The at-one comes with pillars I believe, if not pillar and action bed. Not hard to DIY.

Comment

The stock arrived and it fits like a glove! No modifications needed. The bottom plate and trigger guard inlet was machined perfectly. The action sits just as purdy as can be in its new home all while the barrel is free floating. The recoil lug provided by Boyd's was bedded in when I received it so I left it alone (Winchester model 70 action). Pics coming soon.

Comment

In for pics

Comment

I’ve always had great luck with Boyd’s stocks. Sometimes some minor fitting will be required. It’s no big deal though.

Always a good idea to bed wood stocks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Went from this...
                  Attached Files

Comment

To this...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by highspeed; 12-20-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Looks good man. Post up some group size pics when you can.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        Looks good man. Post up some group size pics when you can.

Sierracharlie out…
                        Aiming to do that Sunday

Comment

Hey bud. I just sent you a message on a few questions I had about the stock.

kt

Comment

Originally posted by K_Dawg4_1999 View Post
                            Hey bud. I just sent you a message on a few questions I had about the stock.

kt
                            PM returned

Comment

Only tried one flavor through it. Winchester Varmint-X, 55 gr. Not a bad grouping. Just under an 1” @ 100 yards. I’ve got different ones that I wanted to try but that will have to wait for another day. Squares on the target are 1/2”
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by highspeed; 12-23-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X