Quiver style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    I also have found that bow quiver adds mass weight and quiets the bow.
    Buy you a Primaltech. You won't worry about quiet anymore.

Gary

Comment

This year it has been a Quickie Quiver. I hate the piece that is attached to the bow but it sure is nice to slip the quiver off when I get where I intend to do my sit. I don't mind shooting with a quiver mounted to the bow. I do not like having noisy fletchings brushing against twigs or brush when I am trying to be silent on a sit. It is much quieter to take the quiver off and lay it to the side and keep one arrow at the ready.

Comment

Great Northern, Thunderhorn, EFA all strap on, depending on the bow. Bows are quiet to start with, just whisper quiet with a quiver. Also, weight adds with bow cant and release. I'm Big River and Thunderstick fan neither are being made currently.

Comment

I like a bow quiver or a plains Indian quiver for most of my jaunts in the woods.

Comment

I started out with a hip quiver. It's just too dang hard to maneuver in thick stuff. So I went to a setback EFA strap on quiver and never looked back. It adds some mass, which makes the bow easier to hold steady, and the arrows are always right there.

Comment

I actually put the strap on my hip quiver over my head. I can have the arrows at my side or if in "thick stuff" I can slide it back and around and it sits more like a back quiver. I do that when crawling/sneaking on pigs as well.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Hip. Don't like the looks of or the imbalance an noise created by a bow quiver.

Gary
                actually it quiets the bow down and shouldn't imbalance it, it should actually help with holding the bow still

Comment

but anyways I prefer a 6 arrow quiver, preferably EFA because of the efficiency and weight it provides.....it quiets the bow down and helps with stabilizing the bow, hip quivers are a nightmare trying to hunt with in the east texas thick brush, waste of time for me at least and backquivers are useless for me also, I need a pack that carries a lot of stuff...the detachable quiver is a no brainer

Comment

It's not the bow making noise. It's the quiver and arrows. I never liked the. On compounds either. But I have one. I just hang it up at the stand and shoot with it off.
                    I don't understand how it balances a bow. My bow is perfectly balanced perfectly with nothing on it.
                    But it is all about what you're comfortable with. Just be sure you practice with it on and full minus one arrow during practice sessions.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      It's not the bow making noise. It's the quiver and arrows. I never liked the. On compounds either. But I have one. I just hang it up at the stand and shoot with it off.
                      I don't understand how it balances a bow. My bow is perfectly balanced perfectly with nothing on it.
                      But it is all about what you're comfortable with. Just be sure you practice with it on and full minus one arrow during practice sessions.

Gary
                      well it sounds like you don't have it on properly or the arrows aren't secured because I've owned over 10 efa,thunderhorn and big horn quivers and none of them added any noise whatsoever and only dampened the noise, this is a universal common theme, every post I've seen about the quivers is that it helps reduce noise and so forth, your post is the first I've seen in 9 years in that I've been using that it actually adds noise.

Comment

It came with a bow I bought but you might be right. It might be the user. Still ican hear the fletching rub together.
                        It straps to the limbs. Not like one that mounts on holes in a riser.

Gary

Comment

Just mounted a tightspot on my bow. Seems to not make too much of a balance difference. So far happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X