Arrow set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow set up

What weight should be aiming for?? My set up is shooting great. I checked the weight the other day & its 47# @ 28.5”.

Arrow is a GT Traditional 500 spine 29 3/4” 100gr insert 50gr fact weight 125gr Magnus BuzzCut coming in around 565gr. I thought the BuzzCuts would be good cause they’re long & some what skinny.

Not sure what speed this weight is running (I’ll check that tomorrow) but at 503gr it was running 171fps.

Is 565gr enough for ethical kills??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arrow weight sounds fine to me.
    Not sure about using serrated broadheads. I have no experience with those and always relied on sharp straight edges (single or double bevels).

Comment

There is the information missing from your other thread. If your bow is loud with that much arrow weight, then you might want to put some cotton balls in your ears.

I believe that you have more than enough arrow weight for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
        The arrow weight sounds fine to me.
        Not sure about using serrated broadheads. I have no experience with those and always relied on sharp straight edges (single or double bevels).

I thought about the serrated edges & was gonna get some single bevel heads but man I’ve got 6 packs of these. I figure I’ll test them out on some hogs & see how they perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They work great. Just use them

Comment

interesting that you suggest that 500+ grains is borderline for "ethical"

I have a self bow that i am going to be trying for a deer this season but I'll be using a sub 300gr arrow and probably it is shooting in the 150's for speed. also I'll be using a 1-3/8" 2 blade razor head.

but since my 6yr old son just killed a doe with a 1.75" expandable with an 18" draw and only shooting 153 fps with a 266gr arrow i can't see what i am trying to be less effective. however like all arrows released its all about what the hit once they get there.

Comment

Either the 503 or the 565gr arrows will be fine! They are both well over 10gpp. Shoot whichever one tunes best, and or you are most accurate with.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X