In need of an attorney specializing in Estate settlements in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of an attorney specializing in Estate settlements in East Texas

Folks, something we all must face at some point is the settlement of the estates of our elderly when they pass. My sweet bride is in need of an attorney around the Nacogdoches county area that is experienced in such matters.
    Any references certainly would be appreciated...
    Her dad (step-dad) is in his final days and other than just to be there to support her though this hard time, I'm pretty much useless in such matters.

Anyone who can help or anyone who can give me a reference to someone in the area, I'd really appreciate a follow up.

Thanks!

I can't help y'all Charlie, but I can send a prayer up for ya.

Comment

Thanks Randy!
      Wife is up visiting with her dad today... She text'd me this morning saying he's very weak... It's just agonizing to have to watch this all play out in Slo-Mo! He has always been such an active, vibrant man!! He's 87 and fading fast.

I've reached out to an attorney friend of mine here locally and he's given me some pretty good advice/leads. I'm hopeful this all goes smoothly, but if anyone knows an attorney in the bidness, I'd still be grateful for a lead.
      Thanks,

Comment

Good luck to you guys, Slick. Prayers for the family.

Comment

I can’t offer legal advice but I can offer up a prayer for peace.

Lord, please cover this family with your unstoppable peace. Give them assurance in your Love and a promise for a better place. Give them strength to remember the good and block the bad.

In your Son’s name

Amen.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Thanks all for the prayer and well wishes!
              Thanks also for the PM's! Seems like this all my get kicked off here pretty soon... He's comfortable and not in any pain... just heartbreaking to see him like this... The man taught me as much about how to "fix" things as all my engineering classes ever did in college and military afterwards!!

Comment

I understand your situation SS. Mom passed in 2021 & Dad passed Sept 27th of this year. My brother & I are the only heirs and we agree on everything. Yet the Estate paperwork is daunting. I pity families that are $$$ hungry. Prayers during this stressful time.

Comment

Yea, I lost a dear friend/co-worker to cancer a little over 3 years ago and he left behind his wife and 3 daughters... they also all have agreed that "mom" gets everything... kids have signed off, everything... Mess is still all tied up in court!! She has a LOT of money in checks/policies, etc that she cannot get because it has not all made its way thorough the court yet! Even had a wreck in his truck... was totaled, but the insurance company cannot pay off on it because the truck is in his name and she's got to go to court for that too!! It never ends!!

Comment

Prayers up Charlie, I hope and prat the family can get it all sorted out

Comment

Prayers for your FIL, your wife and yourself as you face the end of his time on Earth

Knowing you, I suspect he is headed for his eternal place in the prescence of Jesus

Comment

I have just gone through Probate for my mother in October and my Dad in April of this year. I have a great Attorney, but one in Nacogdoches County would probably be best in your case. I am still dealing with the Administrative duties of the Estate as I am the Executor of the Estate. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I will try to tell you my experience and my solutions to the problems that often occur. Good Bless your family at this time!

Comment

Prayers up for y’all Charlie.

Comment

Prayers up. I don't envy this takes at all. Strength for your wife.

Comment

Rusty Phenix is in Henderson. Good man first and a lawyer second.

Comment

Working...
                              X