BBD!!!! Pigeon Toed Assassin…. “Rattlin & Shakin”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBD!!!! Pigeon Toed Assassin…. “Rattlin & Shakin”

Just the fact I’m doing my second write up this season… and I ain’t got started is the greatest blessing a dad can have. Last week on youth weekend Lola was on deck for Sunday, but wind wouldn’t allow us to access anything that had mature huntable deer. So she was a champ and passed the buck… errr doe to her brother who killed his first deer last weekend!

This weekends plan was for me to go after one of the targets Saturday morning after the storm, then hunt with Lola the remaining hunts. Got up… got ready… checked wind and weather AGAIN….. WRONG!…. back to bed. I get pics from all my cell cameras starting about 11:30- almost 6 but we went to her food plot with really no expectation. Pigs have moved back in and deer out… so more observation and daddy/daughter time. We heard pigs squall about 15min before dark but neighbors ended evening with a 14 round followed by a 24 round mag dump… then fireworks……… we didn’t see anything.

Lots came up this evening but she said “I’m going hunting”… so hunting we went. Wind was perfect and the recent rains let us sneak from the roadside into a ladder stand where a strong ridge splits bedding and a creek bottom. Not getting a ton of pics here don’t bother me, because deer just live here. I’ve had some world class hunts here with 3 cameras amungst deer all day and never a deer walk past one. We get settled without a sound ironically only to light the woods on fire with rattling horns!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Low Fence; 11-06-2022, 10:11 PM.

After a sequence we scan and listen and don’t get a response. So we wait. About 20 minutes go by and we both hear a spit/coughing noise ahead. I grunted and slammed horns again maybe 15 seconds and hung em up.

In no time Lola taps my leg and says “deer, deer, deer!.. it’s a BUCK!” I’m burning the brush apart at warp speed and I can’t find him… He still there?… “yes, he’s right there! I start glassing every nook and cranny in these cedar/pine islands and I can’t find anything. “Daddy he’s right there! He’s coming out!” Then I see the v on his tail. I was looking waaayyyy too far. He was probably 40 yards and but facing towards us. As soon as I saw the brows I knew he was the new buck that was making all the scrapes. She’s breathing at iron man completion pace now and I calm her down, but knowing he ain’t staying long. I don’t have any history that I know of with him so I tell her let me make sure he’s legal…. Quartered away he looks in our direction and I say “he’s legal if you like him…”. BOOM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Low Fence; 11-06-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Congrats again to Lola, and you too Kyle for taking her! And little brother too! Bring a tear to a glass eye!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

The 6.5 Grendel blowed both front tires off! And after a 20 yards wheelbarrow impression he was down!….. now the shakes hit her and being a girl the emotions are never far behind. She was overwhelmed with the experience. I asked her “was
        He big enough for ya?”…. And with tears flowing said
        “ he’s gigantic”. Packed up what little we had and started towards the buck to end her season. An awesome 9pt with great mass. I got no history to speak of but based off the deer in the area and 170# he’s 3.5-4.5 and she’s on top of the world. Stayed out there and skinned all but the tricky parts.

Her brother done tripped on his own lip 3 times. Lol. I may never get to hunt this season,
        And that’s fine too

Proud of ya MaGoo, what a day!
        Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome. Congrats to you both.

Comment

Great story, Congrats Lola!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Man, that is pure awesome all the way around! Congrats to her and to you too dad!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Congrats Kyle and PTA!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

And you’re right Kyle! It’s way better than huntin yourself, so no doubt it’s “fine by you…” Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

She strikes again! Awesome job Lola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is perfection!! Well done!

Comment

Awesomeness Buck Congratulations! Good job dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X