Hagerman Segment B 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    If it looks semi-fresh on one side and sun-warn on the other, it was likely last year and just no critters found it to munch on. I can't imagine a buck dropping antlers right now unless something were physically wrong with the animal. Wouldn't think he'd break a whole side off sparring either.
    Good deal. Thank you. It does seem unlikely based on what you say that this was due to I jury and recent. Based on the break and where I found it I bet that side had 5 points. Maybe there is a decent 10 in there somewhere.

Comment

I created a GroupMe group to use during our hunt weekend for help needed, sightings, kills and general info sharing.

Feel free to join, but I won't be actively using it until the Thursday before the hunt.

You're invited to join my group "Hagerman NWR Segment B 2022 (Hunt Weekend App)" on GroupMe. https://app.groupme.com/join_group/90130025/wytXwKcz

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t get drawn for the deer hunt this year. Did drive up there this afternoon with my wife to check the place out in case I draw in future years. No bucks seen, but we did come across about 6 does.

We stopped for a minute at Sandy Point picnic area - was shocked to see the amount of droppings in that mowed field. Literally every 3 steps there was another pile.

Comment

ugh. Looks like I won't be able to scout this weekend. Was looking forward to it.

Comment

Don't forget, last chance to go to orientation tonight at 6.

Comment

Note a change for 2022-2023 season that will impact the H hunters.

Mandatory Harvest Reporting
              White-tailed deer harvested and tagged with a standard hunting license tag in the counties listed below during any open season (archery, general muzzleloader, and youth) must be reported within 24 hours of harvest via the “My Texas Hunt Harvest” mobile application or online version. For digital license holders, execution of a digital tag serves as completion of mandatory harvest reporting for deer and turkey in applicable counties.

Report using the “My Texas Hunt Harvest” mobile app (for iOS and Android), or
              Report online in your web browser
              Counties with mandatory buck and antlerless white-tailed deer harvest reporting:

Collin
              Dallas
              Grayson
              Rockwall

Comment

Out scouting today again. One thing I can say for certain...there are a ton of pigs here!

Comment

I should be able to get out there to scout one last time the Saturday prior to our hunt. Nov 12.

Comment

Went out again today. Had a doe snort at me and saw a few hogs. Met a guy that is in Segment C that's hunting on a golden ticket from last year. my plan is doe first so I can get that golden ticket. Only thing stopping me from that plan is a monster walking out! I think I'm set on my primary spots. Definitely swampier than last time!

Going one more weekend prior to the hunt weekend. It's getting close!

Comment

I’m in segment b good luck everyone!

Comment

Ok I am signed up for the Group Me. Goodluck Perkins! Welcome to the chat.

Comment

I signed up for Group Me as well. However request is pending

Comment

Well I thought I joined. It saying I'm offline. I'm walking laps around the pond here in the HOA pond. I am on mobile networks so I don't know why I'm getting this error.

Comment

Originally posted by crek1311 View Post
                              I signed up for Group Me as well. However request is pending
                              I had 4 requests and just accepted them all. Hopefully they're all in Segment B!

For the record, I don't really plan on doing much with it until the hunt weekend (likely Wednesday night before Thursday registration).

Comment

Must be my phone. I am having the same issue on the app.

Nevermind i got it figured out on my browser. Request sent.
                                Last edited by ctom87; 11-01-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X